Old terrain is deprecated and will be removed in January 2017

Perfect! Please ship this.

1 Like

Pleasepleasepleaseplease PLEASE release this, it’s beautiful! :open_mouth:

I also noticed that you were using roblox recorder, yet it felt like you were getting 60 fps. Does this mean that the roblox recorder is being updated soon?

2 Likes
5 Likes

You guys are making smooth terrain more and more useful :heart_eyes:

More materials
Optimized LOD system
Sexy Water

What’s next? I’d love to see more materials.

1 Like

Color painting would drastically increase the materials available to us without even requiring new materials to be designed. Green grass for normal stuff, purple/orange grass for an alien world, dark grey/black grass for burnt grass. White rock/slate for the brilliant white cliffs of Greece, grey-blue for the freezing mountains of the north, grey-brown for the peaks in the jungle. Etc.

2 Likes

Yeah I was pretty surprised color painting wasn’t that big on the original thread with the list of requests. I’ll make another thread at some point to recalibrate the roadmap going forward.

7 Likes

I hate this. :frowning:

4 Likes

Since we’re getting kinda close now, has this been addressed?
Its not really crucial, but its more of an annoyance than anything else.

I took a shot at making my own version of a smooth terrain icon, using the diffuse textures I found in ROBLOX’s game files. I’m no graphics artist though, so I’m sure something better than this could be produced.

blob.jpg

In memory of the old Voxel Terrain.

3 Likes

RIP Old Terrain

4 Likes

It’s time. </3

5 Likes

sad

2 Likes

i wanna cry now.

2 Likes

Why? Does Smooth Terrain not meet your expectations?

1 Like

voxel terrain will forever be an old familiar face when it is spoken of

The mechanism for automatically and transparently converting all existing places from old terrain to new terrain seems to have broken since August, so old terrain gets to live another week.

7 Likes

Please neglect to fix it.

6 Likes

Not funny

3 Likes