"Partial refund" too low following audio update

This is pretty devastating. My friend uploaded a 6 minute sound, costing 500 Robux. However, it was rejected and he recieved the following message:

Your media was disapproved for violating ROBLOX’s Terms of Service. However, your violation was minor, so we’re offering you a partial refund of 100. The reason your media was disapproved is:

“File does not play”

He lost 400 Robux on that. Why don’t you get a full refund if the audio doesn’t play? It makes no sense to punish the user this hard.

25 Likes

So basically a user would lose 4 dollars worth of robux because his audio file could not be played by the moderation team. Roblox, you better tell me this isn’t intentional, because this is straight up theft.

12 Likes

Is that seriously a violation?

2 Likes

It’s just the default message for audio being blocked

2 Likes

That’s lame.

If the file didn’t play, that’s some pretty big BS to only get 1/5th of the payment back.

9 Likes

That’s some bullcrap, I hope he gets a full refund.

4 Likes

Me too, he uploaded two sounds at once, both of which were rejected for the same reason causing him to lose 800 Robux in total.

1 Like

Looking into it. Can you post a link to the rejected id?

2 Likes

Yes, here’s both of them:

They’re regular .ogg files and play perfectly fine on my PC using VLC.

1 Like

We are investigating and will refund people who got the wrong refund amount.

6 Likes

I was uploading an audio file and not only did I not get a refund at all, I was warned for it being “inappropriate”.

I edited it to be a little faster so that I would not have to pay 350 robux to upload a single audio that was 2 minutes and 20 seconds long, but there was nothing inappropriate about it.

It is 100% copyright free too!

If you want to see the track for yourself, google “opengameart Beyond The Clouds” and it should be the first link.
(I would link it directly, but I am unsure if I am allowed to. I did not read anything saying I could not on this forums, but it was not allowed in the old classic forums)

1 Like

I’m not sure rule-breaking uploads deserve a refund. Maybe that’s intentional. You’re arguing that it isn’t rule-breaking, though, which is a different subject that you should bring up in the moderation review subforum instead.

2 Likes

I feel like if rule-breaking users got a refund even after being moderated they could just use that to attempt to create more rule-breaking audio assets, which defeats the purpose of the fee in the first place. I’m assuming the fee exists because of the moderation time it takes to review.

On another note, Basic Users can not post to that section. Not that I’m saying that is a good reason to post a review request here, just thought I’d point that out.

Could you link me to the moderation review subforum for future references?
I was looking for something like that and everything I found said I didn’t have the rank to post or something.

This was the only thing I found I could post on that was even remotely relevant.

And I promise you, the audio was a little high pitch, but not rule-breaking!
I think the moderator was wearing headphones with the volume on high when listening lol

I’ve received refunds from audios being unable to play; they’re mostly from the .ogg files I upload which are made in Sony Vegas Pro 15 and only last one to ten seconds, therefore I get full 20 Robux refunds if they cannot play.

I’m curious to know what media player Roblox uses to play pending audio, because my stuff can play .ogg files just fine.

2 Likes