Phone resolution smaller in Roblox?

As far as I know at some point a decision was made to remove as many things from mobile settings UI as possible to simplify it, and quality slider was one of them. I don’t know the full rationale.

I haven’t seen that thread before - this generally should not happen because if we detect that an increase led to the game dropping below 30 FPS (although I should double check what the thresholds are for mobile for low quality levels - maybe they are not 30…), we go back immediately so you should not see sustained low performance. Which means it’s just a bug that we need to fix…

Was this before or after the menu was redesigned?

This is a phone – the smaller of the two mobile platforms – and there’s plenty of room for a graphics slider in the new menu. I also find it hard to believe adding a graphics slider would make the menu the least bit confusing given that it wouldn’t make the UI cramped and the exact same kind of slider (volume) is already in the menu. It’d be great if that decision could be reviewed again.

1 Like

I think it’s before redesign although I am not sure.

Cc @darthskrill who may know

yeah pretty sure it was before redesign. This was also when pretty much all mobile devices were not very powerful, but today you see some pretty interesting things going on. I think we could revisit adding it back in, not making promises though.

1 Like

also FWIW one of our studio engineers just checked in some code for studio in regards to scaling viewports to more accurately match the physical size of mobile devices. He also did some general improvements to the mobile emulation mode. Pretty sure he will post in the forum soon about it, or maybe already has…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.