Playing sounds in reverse?

It doesn’t seem like you’re able to set a sound’s pitch to -1 anymore.
This would be helpful for more freedom in development.

Edit: Just realized this may have issues with moderation which is probably why it was removed :frowning:

15 Likes

Yeah, there was an issue with people uploading “smoke weed everyday” in reverse and then playing it with -1 pitch meaning that it wouldn’t work.

It’s a shame, really. A few people screw up something really good for all of us :frowning:

9 Likes

Do you have a use case where it would be too costly to just upload an audio reversed and swap the ids if needed (outside of rewind buttons on music players)? I don’t see one myself.

Well an effect in which all the audios in your place are reversed is a personal want for me, if I wanted to do that I’d have to reupload about 60 audio tracks in reverse…

3 Likes

The sound has to be looped to play backwards

Let me give you an example case for this in the easiest possible way

You’re playing this cool story game you suddenly fit the story together
All audio breaks down slowly
You hear someone saying ‘The tea party will end in a bang’
Music starts playing in reverse whilst you are viewing mind thoughts in your head
Zoom out from your head
dramatic dun DUN DUNNNNN

3 Likes

Or simply rewinding time…

Having to upload a reverse of sound effects makes roblox use more memory.

5 Likes

Exactly

Can’t the audio moderation system be tweaked to check the audio forwards and backwards?

26 Likes

Was trying to figure out how to play a sound backwards today and was sad this was the answer.

13 Likes

This could be done in theory, but it would mean audio moderation would take twice as long for every audio. As a result, Roblox would like try to makeup for this by either increasing audio prices or approval would just take longer.

However, this may not work as some audios may sound inappropriate when played backwards and as a result they will be declined even if the developer does not intend for them to be played backwards.

2 Likes

Support! I had some difficulty trying to reverse/rewind audio for the past years and past hour today, the only solution and workaround has to be getting some sort of website/app to reverse this audio and waste some R$ (Depends of the time which the audio is), and wait for moderation to pass it.

Having the ability to reverse audio would be pretty nice and convenient so we don’t have to spend more R$ but as well as saving more than 20 ~ 30 minutes of reversing, moderation and external apps to buy or download if you don’t have something like that; mostly for sword equipping for reverse and non-reverse.

Yes, there are some moderation problems, but if it could get enforced more with bypassed audio, I feel like this should be available inside studio only and not on the website for security concerns.

Would like a feature like this to be added ASAP, would benefit my development a lot!

5 Likes