Please make these old terrain tools officially supported

I just stumbled across some of the old terrain tools while looking through the shortcuts menu and I found two extremely useful tools that still work incredibly well, namely “Crater” and “Elevation Adjuster”. These tools still work with smooth terrain and allow you to make large terrain features in seconds, and I’m talking HUGE like proper size hills/mountains with one click and drag of the mouse.

The downside right now is that they are ridged so it looks like smoothed blocky terrain but it’s still incredibly useful for quickly laying out major features of your maps that otherwise would of taken a while. Also, the only way I know of accessing their functionality is with shortcuts but I would definitely recommend that those of you who work with smooth terrain give them a try.

I’d love it if someone could take a look at updating and adding these as official smooth terrain tools because it would help immensely with building with smooth terrain.

EDIT:
Here’s a picture for size comparison. Once you know how the Elevation Adjuster works you can make this size hill in about 5 seconds.

18 Likes

Can’t you extract the code in the studio, and make it into a plugin?

I can already use it with shortcuts and I don’t mind doing it that way, but I’d love for this to be an officially supported feature because it’s incredibly useful for building with smooth terrain

I really miss the elevation adjuster. That was my primary tool for making terrain maps.

1 Like

If you haven’t already, you can still access it by binding it to a shortcut.

1 Like