Please Read Before Posting: Steps to Report a Bug

bug

What do I post?

The following information is very useful to Roblox engineers when they get your bug report and are trying to fix it. Please include as much of the following items as possible. Every additional bit of information about your bug will help us find and fix these issues faster.

1. Please title your bug report post with a meaningful and descriptive title. Misleading or uninformative titles may result in bugs being overlooked and not addressed as quickly as possible.
  2. What issue are you having? Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.
  3. Does the bug happen 100% of the time?
  4. If so, are there steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior. Please make sure that any places used to describe a bug are Active and joinable.
  5. Where does the bug happen? (www, gametest, etc) What type of platform are you on? (Mac, PC, Android, iOS, XBox, etc) Which OS and version are you using?
  6. Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.
  7. Would a screenshot or video help describe it to someone? If so, post one.
  8. For graphics bugs, it is sometimes helpful to know your system specs, especially graphics card.
  9. For desktop performance bugs, please include an uploaded micro-profile dump. (Ctrl+F6; Dump menu; 32 frames; generates HTML file in C:\Users\USER\ or /Users/user/; upload HTML file)
  10. When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.
  11. Anything else that you would want to know about the bug if it were your job to find and fix it.

Critical bugs
If you have a critical bug that urgently needs to be investigated, start your post with the phrase “ROBLOXCRITICAL”. This is used to alert admins right away to the issue. A critical bug must satisfy at least one of the following criteria:

• A reproducible crash (Studio, game or website shutting down or returning a fatal error 100% of the time when a set of steps are followed)
  • Loss of data (either through Data Stores or Data Persistance)
  • Exploits
  • Preventing all players from connecting to a game and affecting multiple Roblox games.

We take critical bugs very seriously and will not respond well to spam or inappropriate reports. Abuse of the system will result in punitive measures.

ROBLOXCRITICAL Wrongful Circular require errors?
Can't open places in studio
[Appears Fixed] Tools randomly disappearing
Animation Editor 3.0
Camera stutters while interpolating at high velocities
Connection issues
Mouse will not lock
ROBLOXCRITICAL Roblox client crashes using TeleportService
Player.Team doesn't replicate to new players when first connecting
Animation Play Broken
Chatting System Bug: Flashes Randomly
Set- & GetTeleportSetting doesn't persist across servers on the server
Team Create/Unions
ROBLOXCRITICAL Random crashing? (Destroying sounds after playing)
ROBLOX Studio disconnecting on server launch
Roblox Studio Crashing on Startup
Roblox motor bugs
[ROBLOXCRITICAL.] Ordered data store GetAsync returning nil
ROBLOX Sidebar glitches in Chrome
Chat is still selectable in my game, when SetCoreGuiEnabled disabled it
StarterCharacters no longer load shirts & pants
Studio Play Button in Ribbon Deleting Explorer Content
Cannot change group logo
Something's wrong with ROBLOX Player?
Particle Emitter Drag value ; Visual glitch
ROBLOXCRITICAL Data Persistence CURL Error: Couldn't Resolve Host Name
Textures render through completely non-transparent bricks at certain camera angles
StarterGear not accessible from server
Closed, Thank you
Place saving bug
S9 isn't rendering Roblox correctly
Can't edit universe?
Weird avatar bug
Random Lag after recent ROBLOX client update
Terrain generation flat out doesn't work
HipHeight changing on characters with custom scaling?
Computer stats and FPS show up in top left of player gui
How do I stop the server from kicking players trying to join
Official Rules of the Roblox Developer Forum
Animation playing old version(temp cache)
My cursor is having a seizure when I hover it on solo mode
Leaderboards being broken
I can't play any games on my phone
Client consumes my internet connection
Urgent kick message bug?
The Flashy-Polygons Bug
Studio deleting things from place
Suddenly z-fighting glitches?
Render Perform and Present functions are too intensive?
Physics in my game doesn't work correctly anymore
Instancing Rendering Bug with Neons
Block-Corner with Decals has weird AA
Neon texture not rendering
Disappearing Code
Cilent Crashing Bug or 'Screen Freezing'
Cilent Crashing Bug or 'Screen Freezing'
[Minor] Game descriptions
[Urgent Update] Game parts flashing
Xbox players are losing jump controls and more in Jailbreak
Studio crashing whenever I put code in a specific place?
Union Transparency Bug
VIP Server Purchases go to the old owner of the game (and group) rather than group funds
Devproducts - purchasing the same devproduct calls 'ProccessPurchase' one more time each time it is purchased [ROBLOXCRITICAL]
My ships become very unstable with the PGS physics solver
Meshpart collisions are broken
Stopping a Play Solo session while one of a WeldConstraint's parts are parented to nil will crash studio
Xbox memory WAY worse than PC
Frequent Server Crashes caused by LoadCharacter Usage
AnimationTrack: Not playing client sided, but works fine on Studio
User erroneously double-charged for gamepass
Tools randomly being removed from player in studio test servers
[SERIOUS] Group gamepass page blank
Reglas Oficiales del Foro de Desarrolladores

Can this be expanded to anything that (reproducibly) prevents games from being played with no workaround? e.g.

• Players can't join games (excluding maintenance)
  • Players' client windows going blank in-game (causes same effects as a crash)
  • Players getting disconnected across multiple games every couple of minutes

Chat gets "Stuck"

Would this qualify as a critical bug?

http://devforum.roblox.com/t/error-code-on-a-place-link/28617

I'm asking because they seem to be losing quite a big chunk of players/profit, and web bugs like this tend to linger for quite a long time usually.

Yeah we've lost thousand of robux and youtube views. Hard for the developer we have that lives by DevEx for food on the table

I have updated the original description to include the definition we are using of a reproducible crash.

Please note that without the other accompanying details, even a critical issue is going to take longer to identify and resolve. Please include all of the associated information when reporting a critical issue.

This would qualify as a critical issue. The website returns an error with a set number of exact steps. (Visit link, wait 2 seconds, get new page with error 400). More information and details of what you expected to happen and what was happening would be useful in the original bug report though (see step 2 above).

Error code on a place link

Sorry, one more question.

Let's say I discover repro steps for data loss with DataStores, but there's no way for me to tell if people are having issues with specifically this. Do I still report is as ROBLOXCRITICAL because there's potential reproducible data loss even though none has been confirmed?

Crucial bug: Tool/Gear weld = gets deleted?

A post was split to a new topic: Video Thumbnail Causes Webpage Error

Updated to include requests for microprofile dumps for reports of desktop performance issues. (Now step #9)

Updated ROBLOXCRITICAL to include better definition of “Player drops”.

Updated to include platform and OS information.