Plugins not updating properly

After uploading my plugin for more than two times, I realised that the plugins stop updating. Only the plugin main script is updated while it’s children is not updated. When this bug happens, I also notice that the Update button for my plugins in Plugin Manager also disappears until I close Studio a few times. I have attempted selecting the script’s children along with the script but the same bug occurs. Is there a Plugin Update limit I am unaware of or is this a bug? Is there any relation with this and UI Editor breaking plugin GUIs?

Clearly uploaded my plugin multiple times

Update button not showing??

Thanks,
ZacBytes

From my experience, if you haven’t changed the content of the plugin script, it doesn’t register it as a new version. Try adding a comment like

-- Version number 1.0

and see if that triggers it as an updated version.

I have not had the same experience with my plugins… In fact, I almost never update the main script. I change all sorts of module scripts that are children of the main one.

This definitely seems unexpected. @ZacBytes could this maybe be platform dependent? Or what PVInstance structure does your plugin have?

I edited the contents of the plugin script but it still doesn’t update the script’s children.

This never happened before the UI Editor update, not sure if they are related because since then, a lot of plugin with GUIs don’t work properly.

Unfortunately my only graphical plugin uses dock widgets, so I can’t speak to that situation :confused:

I would use dock widgets but I have a custom GUI style

I just tested my plugin script while playing the game and in output, it’s still printing something before I updated the script. I’m going to try switching places, maybe it’s because I am storing like 10 plugin scripts here at the same time.

I’ve had output and other issues similar to that if I don’t close and re-open my place after updating. It’s because when you update but don’t restart all your plugins, that original plugin’s script is still executing.

OwO you’re right, I’ll check my plugin structure and stuff. However, this still doesn’t explain why the update button suddenly disappears.

Are you sure you’re refreshing the plugin management page? It is just a simple webview, and I don’t believe that there is any client-side script to update in real-time.

Yes