Post-processing effects

Well that’s kind of the point, “don’t use blur because literally isn’t isn’t going to work, use something else” don’t get me wrong, it’s really great we’ve finally go these but more control would be appreciated - if my game is laggy then that’s my fault really, there’s a million and one ways to kill low-end devices FPS.

[quote=“zeuxcg, post:40, topic:25023, full:true”]Pixelization could be faster depending on the approach.[/quote]Could be useful for a future PP effect!

9 Likes

Yes please this works just as effectively!! For all the debuffs mentioned. :smiley:

Edit: Tyler beat me and also provided a sweet transition, alternate to the blur one.

2 Likes

I don’t know of any triple A game that doesn’t let you turn off blur effects, so they shouldn’t be necessary for gameplay value.

1 Like

Too much sun

Too much contrast

Too much saturation

Bloom catastrophe

Inverted colours

14 Likes

We updated Mac client to fix post effects.

11 Likes

I’m late on this again. qq

This has inspired me to make something… interesting.

Later tho. (aka never)

1 Like

idk whether this stuff actually belongs on this thread or the one in dev discussion, so I’m sort of just slapping it everywhere.

https://my.mixtape.moe/zzbjcl.webm

the changes to evil lair are less obvious (I gave it subtle color correction and low-intensity bloom).

7 Likes

would it be possible to have a frame that has whatever area it covers is blurred but not the rest of the screen?

like a blur but in a specific area. would be cool

Edit: just for the sake of seeing numbers…

how many of you think this would be a good addition

• I’d love something like this!
  • No thank you

0 voters

6 Likes

That would be awesome to have!

1 Like

For what kind of use case exactly? I can’t really think of a situation where I want to have a rectangular blur (which may not be visible depending on platform) rather than blurring the entire world view.

1 Like

Raindrops on the screen, fake censoring for comedic effect, etc

4 Likes

Yeah, I feel like this is a case for a part material - somebody was suggesting frosted glass in this thread I think. I was thinking about a different glass material, could be cool maybe to have both.

12 Likes

I was asking if Roblox could ever implement blurry/wavy/frosted brick texture maps so developers didn’t have to use Neon for blurring (even though they used it for screen transitions, I use it for windows).

1 Like

I love the new sun rays, as I do most of these effects. I was wondering if maybe we’d see sun shafts through windows etc at some point. It’s probably a different kind of problem (and I’m sorry if it has been answered already) but if a part can block the rays, why not have it so a transparent part lets them through? :wink:

They looked really cool in this video and I’ve wanted something like this for ages. The next logical step? :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I would definitely love if you could use a radial blur with a specified center point on the screen and with a specified start and end radius for the blurring effect. That would be very useful if you wanted the camera to focus on a certain point in world space without having a gui point at it or if you wanted the outside of a gun’s sights to blur when aimed so that everything else is blurry except for what you’re seeing down the sights.

3 Likes

Giving my place bloom turns my round lights with their round neon glow, a square glow. I made the roof black instead of white to help show what I’m talking about.

Can you upload a model with just the light & roof?

The Stalker: Reborn’s Lobby - Before/After

2 Likes

Playing with sunsets. Feature additions like this have such awesome potential for enhancing game aesthetics

4 Likes