Problems with Audio Preview

I’ve been getting a lot of issues with the “preview” feature for Audio, where you click on the play button on the ID page and your browser plays the audio file.

1. Most times the audio doesn’t even play at all. The play button appears to be playing for a brief second, and then switches back to its not-playing state. Very much defeats the purpose of being able to preview Audio.

2. The second problem, which I consider much worse, is that the audio player emits REALLY high-pitched, loud sounds, presumably due to corruption in the preview (kinda like the Audio file itself is sped up to x200). Has hurt my ears and basically also doesn’t play the Audio at all.

The browser i’m using is Safari.

NEW EDIT: And what appears to be a new issue today, the Audio previews that DO work sound half-corrupted. I’m not sure how to explain it but I can get a recording if needed.

12 Likes

I’ve noticed problem #1 using Microsoft Edge, but not on Google chrome, using two different computers. Apparently this may also be an issue with Safari.

1 Like

Google chrome does this constantly to me, massive issue. I can’t hear any audios at all.

5 Likes

Now that you bring this back up, I agree. Its a problem on chrome for sure. I’ve tried to preview a bunch of the new Roblox free audio they made available but its pretty much impossible with this bug.

4 Likes

I’ve been experiencing this for a while. It truly is really annoying.

Fingers crossed it gets fixed soon.

3 Likes

Still broken…

1 Like

Raises hand*

2 Likes

I experience issue #1 more than I experience working playback. Never experienced issue #2. Using Chrome.

This seriously needs to be fixed soon, it’s been such a long time. Everytime i need audios i NEED to go to internet explorer. And we all know internet explorer should only be used to download google chrome.

3 Likes

I’m not sure about Safari, as that isn’t really the best browser, I would recommend Chrome

This problem has been around for ages now, I’m very surprised this still isn’t fixed. I can’t preview any audio at all… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Every time I upload something I have to open studio and check it in there, very annoying…

I’ve started to experience this since the start of 2018 (yes 2018 and not 2019). It works as expected on my school computer. Both using Chrome.

I can replicate #1 on my 2018 MacBook Pro running Mojave and using Safari. Here’a my specs.

44%20PM

Can confirm, this issue is still present and, as of recently, much more visible. I haven’t been able to get a single audio preview for the past few days. This is seriously hindering development as of right now, and should be fixed as soon as possible.

1 Like

Still having audio issues on the website and on Studio. The audios on the website rarely play. And on Studio, when you preview the audio from the Toolbox, it sometimes plays an echo of the audio which is quite annoying…

Hello, sorry for such a late reply to this post. Are you still seeing this issue? And if so, can you please post the steps in order to replicate it as well as the web browser and OS you’re seeing it with? Thanks and apologies again!

3 Likes

Sorry for bumping but I have more info on this: Safari may not actually be supported with it hence the new UI

It says Audio Preview Not Supported with your browser
But on my Windows laptop where I used to pre make games. It works. However no screenshot/recording