Removed EnumItem PriorityMethod.LastError
	Removed EnumItem PriorityMethod.AccumulatedError
	Removed EnumItem PriorityMethod.FIFO
Removed Enum SleepAdjustMethod
	Removed EnumItem SleepAdjustMethod.None
	Removed EnumItem SleepAdjustMethod.LastSample
	Removed EnumItem SleepAdjustMethod.AverageInterval
4 Likes

What was LocalWorkspace’s intended purpose?

Before FilteringEnabled, it was an attempt at adding a more “first class” alternative to putting parts inside the Camera object. However, whoever was working on it only ever added a stub that made it show up in the API dump, it never actually did anything and wasn’t possible to instantiate. It also was before we had a process for approving new APIs, so it was never actually fleshed out what methods and properties it’d have or what its behavior would actually be.

7 Likes

Yup, pretty much nailed it.

When I discovered that it was an empty C++ declaration with nothing actually written in it, I pushed to just get it removed and it finally happened in this release :slight_smile:!

Kudos to @Fractality_alt for going through the trouble of getting this change made.
Next up on the chopping block is PVInstance.CoordinateFrame, a property that has been deprecated since 11/20/2005.

From there I’m hoping to get RootInstance removed, and a few other classes that don’t really need to be in the API Dump at all.

2 Likes

Removing that property will break my workflow!

4 Likes

19 Likes

I was hoping you’d post this.

2 Likes

Hilarious XD… but sadly true :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok can I just say right now that I love that Clone can actually officially do stuff now? It’s awesome :smiley:
I know that this update specifically didn’t really do much except removing old things with no purpose, but still :smiley:

4 Likes

give me more non-caching functions yes sir thank you

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.