Removal of Guest Mode

J U I C E !

boi i love safechat

3 Likes

RIP

I will miss guests :frowning:

3 Likes

Greetings. I challenge you to a fight. Let’s be friends?

I’ll miss guests but it feels like the right move. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

GET OFF MAH LAWN

I guess this is better for the long term :slight_smile:

I’ll miss their empty stare & trying to communicate with confusing movements

4 Likes

My kind was slaughtered. I will never forgive you for this!

Nah its cool, glad they’re gone actually, no more trolling without being able to report the accounts, and we can finally get more feedback by users who would be able to communicate rather then those who couldn’t. I’m seeing this as a good move and I welcome it.

6 Likes

While I rarely reply on the forum, I think this tugged on my heartstrings enough to warrant one.

Definitely a chance I can get behind in terms of how it affects us developers. While it may affect the initial feel of gameplay, I thinks it’s one of those changes that’s a pain to as accept but will be forgotten quickly. After all, the users I want playing my games and playing with me are the users and friends that can be retained.

Wonder what Guests will say to this change. Oh wait, they can’t talk.

RIP Guests, forever in at home in our memories.

7 Likes

hmmm this might be a huge issue for my player traffic on my game as most of the servers have quite a few guests.

Hope the guests makes an account and instead of quitting roblox lol also Noticed my player count was lower then usual.

No complaints, just an end of a era.

11 Likes

Good riddance, for clan development guest are the worst kind and was often the quickest way to try and exploit games if they had admin in them or any other form of harassment. I never did and never wanted to script for Guest.

4 Likes

This gives me the same feeling as giving away a childhood toy. It doesn’t really affect me at all, but I feel as if I just lost something nostalgic.

Who are the guests? Where will the guests go? Will they be ok? We may never know…

20 Likes

This also fixes most of the “guest” exploiting games.

5 Likes

Yes, this is amazing. Phantom Forces has had guest exploiting problems, at least now we can ban their progress.

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

We we’re actually debating on moving guests to their own servers

3 Likes

I remember playing as a Guest back in 2012 then decided to create an account because I had lots of interest of the platform. After some time, I didn’t like my old username (I forgot the name whoops) and so I created this account that I am on today. Going to miss these guys very much regardless if they were sometimes a pain to deal with on exploiting, etc. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was never a big fan of Guests. However, since I use ROBLOX for a lot of my college projects, this means any of my classmates who are Beta testing my games now have to create accounts. I’ll let them know.

2 Likes

Memory fades when you haven’t seen it in 2-3 years, apologies.

1 Like

I “guest” they were just too problematic…

Hahaha I’ll show myself out…

8 Likes

Damn, guests were part of roblox… :disappointed_relieved:

Oh now I’m sad :frowning:

2 Likes
10 Likes

i never thought this would happen

1 Like

To be honest Roblox has one of the most painless registration processes on the internet. Roblox doesn’t require that someone verifies their email address before playing games, so simply choosing a username and password seems fairly painless.

Hopefully Roblox implements a nice way to prompt this registration on the game page without redirecting to the registration page, or makes sure to redirect back to the game they were looking at after registration.

8 Likes