Removal of Guest Mode

About time to be honest. No more will we need to deal with the case where a player’s UserId is below zero.

4 Likes

Discord does something like this, you “reserve” a username, and then you can finish account creation later.

6 Likes

I’ve got this on my brain now O_e

*exploiting guests

1 Like

lol i found this video that was uploaded a few days before the announcement.

25 Likes

RIP guests. You will always be a part of the old legacy.

6 Likes

I wonder if usernames with spaces will ever be coming back now.

13 Likes

Au Revoir Guests

5 Likes

I think that would be neat, and very possible.

3 Likes

I’m never gonna forget the classic guests they would jus walk right up to you… and just… FRIEND

7 Likes

It’s amazing how sweet yet aggressive it felt

8 Likes

I started reading this thread by saying “good riddance!”

I ended this thread by mentally tearing up a bit.

5 Likes

What’s going to happen to the Promotion revenue from signups or is this another revenue stream that is being removed?

3 Likes

I originally thought this too but then realised it doesn’t really matter:

So any ‘guest’ that finds your game, signs up and then plays will count (I assume)

1 Like

I think this would need clarification. Since you have probably already signed up before seeing the games, (Home page has no link to games before login which is a whole other issue to do with user experience) you wont have been on a game, then signed up because it is an impossible task.
The removal of guests mean the players now have to sign up before they can play the game. I sincerely hope that if they sign up from there you get the signup statistic. (By the way, Roblox staff, redirecting to home page with a return URL really breaks flow, especially since there are multiple forms on the page i’m taken to and doesn’t look anything like the same site I was just on apart from by name. Might I suggest a form that appears just like the one that does if I’m not logged in and click play?)

RIP Guests, glad I found all the cool guest numbers like 1337 before this :stuck_out_tongue:. Understand the change, but will miss guests!

2 Likes

When are Guest being removed?

A game has 8000+ Guest bots playing it

20 Likes

What game?

2 Likes

https://www.roblox.com/games/1124264659/Content-Deleted, since been taken down, but pretty much every single player was a guest idle in spawn.

3 Likes

I wasn’t aware this kind of system existed, haha.

I always thought the people who developed these systems weren’t particularly adept at it (after reading the horrificly bad code behind other malicious programs :smile: )

2 Likes