Removal of Guest Mode

See here: (note this was already linked in this thread before)
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/guests-still-exist/81639/7

They will be removed once the amount of old clients that can still use guest mode is sufficiently low / zero.

2 Likes

What devices have older clients still? Desktop automatically updates, and iOS/Android prevent gameplay if the client is out of date.

7 Likes

STOP INTRODUCING NEW FEATURES IF GUEST ARE NOT REMOVED

GROUP TELEPORTS DO NOT SUPPORT GUEST YET HERE THEY ARE (Desktop)

22 Likes

Phantom Forces has shown that Roblox doesn’t mind if you kick all guests, so implement that in the meantime.

game.Players.PlayerAdded:connect(function(player)
    if player.UserId < 0 then
        player:Kick("Guests are not allowed.")
    end
end)

Although, yes, I agree. Guests still existing is unreasonable.

13 Likes

The past couple days Roblox has been extremely slow for me, now I’m joining games 5-10 min after I click play AND as a guest …

23 Likes

Several of my users have experienced this bug.

4 Likes

Okay, it’s been a year since this post. The excuse of mobile devices being outdated can’t apply anymore. Why is the functionality still in place?

29 Likes

I really rely on TeleportPartyAsync for one of my games. It’s really annoying having to support for guests when they should have been removed over a year ago.

Why did guests never work with the method in the first place?

8 Likes

While I cannot speak for Roblox, I’d assume that transporting relies on some form of user identification, such as the UserId. Guests do not possess this property as their game identity is temporary and disposable. Their identity only exists for the duration of their individual play session, as can be deduced from the guest number transformation whenever they switch places.

I would like to see a definitive answer as to where guests are being removed. While I approved of the idea of guests, it’s frustrating to account for a feature that technically no longer exists.

14 Likes

I believe guests are entirely removed now.

I saw a guest in the Natural Disaster Survival game six days ago. Not sure if they’re 100% removed but it was definitely a surprise.

2 Likes

It’s slightly inconvenient how this still isn’t resolved, after an approximate year and a half. I haven’t seen guests, however you are probably correct.

1 Like

As the quote says, the guest mode is most likely disabled, not removed (but who knows). Attempting to join a game as a guest is supposed to give you an error saying you need to log in. It could be possible that someone has found a workaround for it, but it’s rather very unlikely.

1 Like

Probably just a slight oopsies. This is a big platform, not everything can be flawless but not gonna lie, a guest still now really brings “The Last Guest” into action with some kinda confusion as to what is happening like a guest somehow there.

1 Like

The guest mode has more than likely just been disabled rather than completely removed, so if there was a site-wide login glitch or something similar they can enable guest mode and disable logins for a temporary amount of time.
It seems logical that the system will just be deprecated/turned-off rather than completely removed.

7 Likes

Guest mode has been removed/deprecated, please file a bug report if you find repro steps to still join games as a guest reliably.