Removing Support for Windows XP Users (Studio Only)

I am a bit upset that Studio is being dropped on XP but the client can live. Don’t get me wrong I am (and I bet a market of others clinging to XP) are grateful for you guys extending the client life time but this means those users won’t be able to make a game or even play in studio.

Another thing is if studio just blocks updating itself on XP it can create weird issues. I experienced one before with an older version of studio, It updated and my whole game corrupted. The second time my CSG got corrupted.

As @Wsly mentioned

‘fans from the Philippines tweet me pictures of them playing the game’

If they got inspired to then try to create a game in studio, they can’t. Just seems a little sloppy and a bit misshaped really, it’s like having Sweet without the Sour, the onion without the ring, the ying but no yang.

They are already supporting Windows Vista, a 10-year-old OS, and OS X 10.6, an 8-year-old OS. There is only so much time you can put into making sure EVERY update works on every software iteration.
I double checked, and without XP for studio, they’re still supporting 4 Windows OS Versions, and 7 OS X versions

How are we suppose to make roblox relevant windows 7 memes now???

3 Likes

Future updates won’t be pushed to XP, meaning you can still use Studio just fine, but new additions won’t be available on XP systems anymore. From what I’ve gathered on this post, if you newly install Roblox on XP, it will install the latest supported version of Studio, but not the most recent. As for current installations, it’s been confirmed that it’ll still be usable:[quote=“DreamingMind, post:36, topic:38019”]
Yes, XP users will be able to keep using Studio. However, we will stop automatic updates and new Studio versions will not run on XP. All XP versions will be affected SP1/SP2/SP3.
[/quote]

1 Like

Linux support…

What?

3 Likes

I would have moved to Linux by now if it wasn’t for roblox. qq

4 Likes