Rendering fixes (January 2016)

Why do you think it’s using the integrated GPU?
What’s your OS version?

Yeah we have two known issues:

1. Studio Settings menu doesn’t report the GPU we’re currently using - it’s not retrieved from the rendering system (probably won’t fix this one)
  2. On some systems the driver pretends that it’s an integrated GPU, but internally they have a shim that redirects the calls to the dedicated GPU (can’t fix this one)

On Windows 10 issue 2 should not happen as far as I know, and the log file in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Roblox\logs with _1.txt should have the correct GPU name printed in it.

When I go to studio > Diagnostics and check the profile I get this:

5a2645e132296bf4482779ea0a2345c136fa99ef.png

Using a 64 bit version of windows 10. I also am using two monitors at different frame rates, and there has been problems on nvidia cards in the past with this, so I run each screen off different cards (integrated and dedicated).

Edit: Just saw; “1) Studio Settings menu doesn’t report the GPU we’re currently using - it’s not retrieved from the rendering system (probably won’t fix this one)”

Maybe my ROBLOX isn’t using my integrated then, is there a way to check?

If you open up a large place file, you should see a significant jump in GPU usage. Ex:

Something else to look for is a significant change in clock speed, mainly from an idle power state (300-500 MHz with Pascal) to a higher one, like 900 MHz or more.

I’ll check this out tomorrow,
cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.