Revoking Friend and Join Requests on the Site

As the title states, the web team at Roblox should definitely think about adding a revoke friend request feature on the site, the same one that’s been on the client since forever.

But instead of it looking like this, obviously:

it’d be look just like this, exactly how the unfriend feature looks like:

Currently, you have to block, and then unblock a user to revoke the pending friend request, and we all know how annoying that is. Especially if the user you’re revoking the friend request from is following you, then you’ve just lost 1 follower, and we all know how big of a deal that is. Again, I believe that the web team at Roblox can make it look and work as easy as the image shows. Just one click, and you’ve revoked that gosh darn friend request!

Along with revoking on a user’s profile, there could also be a panel in a certain section of the settings page that lists the users that you’ve sent friend requests to, and beside a user’s name, there could be a button that says “Revoke”. Another thing to include would be what user @Anaminus suggested; a “Revoke All” button, which would be located on the left of the hide button. The whole thing would sort of look like this:

Since we’re on the topic of revoking, why not mention join request for groups? It can be pretty annoying when you’ve accidentally sent a request to the wrong group, another thing being the fact that you don’t want to request to join a certain group anymore. I’m aware of the fact about how once you’ve joined the max amount of groups, all pending join requests are gone. But the question in this case is, what if you haven’t maxed out your groups? Instead of having to join and then unjoin a lot of groups, why not just make it easy and have it the same way as shown previously for pending friend requests:

37 Likes

To clarify OP means retracting a friend request you’ve sent to someone else – not declining one from someone else. This would also be applicable to group join requests.

5 Likes

This would be a neat feature. hope to see this in the future.

Would also be nice to have a revoke-all-friend-requests button. I still get random users popping in from requests made a decade ago.

4 Likes

and group requests too, i’m sure there are empty groups from like 2012 i’m still pending for lol

1 Like

For one of my groups:

1 Like

Only if you have never reached your max groups since 2012. As soon as you max out your groups all join requests are canceled.

If you have OBC it’s more than a few. We definitely need a cancel join request feature.

2 Likes

As a developer, it is hard to find people who I sent friend requests to and block them and unblock them to end the friend request(s). And that is why I would like to request a pending friend requests tab.

Adding this feature would improve my experience because I now have Roblox players accepting friend requests I sent 1-2 years ago. And I am sure other Roblox users are experiencing the same issue.

I also really want this to be added cause it is really hard for me to clear out my friends list because I am already so busy. If it were to be added it would also help alot of other people because some people have around 100-199 friends say a person were to just accept a friend request they sent awhile ago randomly it could be hard for the user the find the person that accepted their friend request and unfriend them.

and as a developer it is annoying to me because say im in a testing place for an upcoming releasing game and they accept my friend request that I sent awhile ago they could do something like leaking the game link to my unreleased game that I didnt release yet which would be annoying because they could see the game description, gamepasses, or even how to be the first couple of people to get the badges.

In my opinion the feature should be called Pending Friend Requests could be shortened or changed up. and it would show all pending friend requests you have. It would be like the Friend Requests you have where you can accept or decline renamed or something else and it would also have a end all friend requests button end all friend requests is just an example

5 Likes