ROBLOX Broken TeamCreate Saving

Last night I was streaming development for my game from 12:00 AM in 1:00 AM. I saved occasionally, and I woke up this morning with everything being fine. However, when I was editing this morning, I made a mistake and decided to revert to an earlier version, not carefully looking at the dates first.

I head back into ROBLOX Studio to find that the work from last night wasn’t there. I check the Version History to find out that the version from last night didn’t even exist.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue, or will I just have to redo everything I did last night?

Stream Development from 12:00 AM - 1:00 AM:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/145352318

4 Likes

We’ve been having this issue for our game too, but it seems that sometimes only the version history is incorrect and the place has actually saved. It’s very inconsistent.

2 Likes

Could it be in your autosave files?

Well actually, we did lose a period of 2 days and it didn’t save whatsoever even though we worked. Seemed to start saving again but still didn’t update. :confounded:

Just did this, have a gap of about 9 days with no version history, wasn’t paying attention, RIP:

Could a staff member check if the history exists but merely isn’t showing, as if so I would greatly appreciate the latest version being sent to me so I can continue deving, else I’ll have to try and remember what I did over the last 10 days.

Damn that’s really bad. Don’t you have any autosaves just in-case the previous versions can’t be recovered?

Unfortunately not as I opened the reverted version which overrode my autosave :frowning:

Man I just did the same thing and accidentally deleted 2 days worth of progress. Luckily there was an auto-save file in my roblox temp folder. Definitely check there if you’re experiencing this problem. And hopefully ROBLOX resolves this critical issue soon

i only encountered plenty of saving issues in the first weeks of TC ; didnt used it within this month ; i always suggest creating tons of local copy even after they finally fixed most TC saving issues .

also the auto save it self isnt working at all often ): in this case i click on file : publish o roblox to : and there click on my my TC place to manually override it which pretty often creates a version history…

well at least with a much higher chance then with relying on the auto save ):

but i once lost one model even though i used both save methods :cold_sweat:

@Lilly_S found our missing place saves:

tl;dr go to the last page, all new versions are labelled “1” in order.

1 Like