ROBLOX Developer App for Android

IOS has the nice developer app that connect with studio for easy testing of mobile games, this is a great feature for mobile app developers, and Android does not have this app. ( As far as I know.) I would definitely LOVE to have this app.

14 Likes

I don’t own any Apple products because they are very expensive. I would rather stick to my cheaper android phone and wait for this app to be out than to purchase a not-surprisingly-expensive iPad for the sole purpose of using that same app. I don’t know how long this Apple app has been out, but there needs to be one for Android soon!

9 Likes

A very long time. I used to use it a lot on my iPhone.

4 Likes

I tried it a few days ago, and it doesn’t work.

I couldn’t get it to actually run the game after connecting it to studio.
Also, I don’t think it was continued, because most of the buttons are incorrectly labelled.
eg: “EnterHerePhrase”, in the box to put your code in, “PairWord” on the accept button, and “RbxDevPairingInstructions” as the title on the pairing page.

3 Likes

Defaultio was using it at NYC maker faire, and it worked flawlessly.

3 Likes

Wow, I’ll have to ask him how he did it.

I don’t think the app is fully finished though.

3 Likes

I’m still waiting for those android exclusive items.
http://blog.roblox.com/2014/07/roblox-arrives-on-android/

5 Likes

[quote] I tried it a few days ago, and it doesn’t work.

I couldn’t get it to actually run the game after connecting it to studio.
Also, I don’t think it was continued, because most of the buttons are incorrectly labelled.
eg: “EnterHerePhrase”, in the box to put your code in, “PairWord” on the accept button, and “RbxDevPairingInstructions” as the title on the pairing page. [/quote]

That’s a weird bug where the app sometimes doesn’t feel like loading the localized strings we defined. Hard to repro, harder to solve.

2 Likes

We’ve been talking about making Developer for Android for a few months now. The current plan is to fix the iOS version to make the Pairing feature 99% reliable, and then make the Android version. Unfortunately, for the past 4 months there’s only been two mobile engineers (1 for iOS, 1 for Android), and we’ve had a lot of other things on our plate. It’s one of our stretch goals for this upcoming quarter, and we’ve just brought on 2 more mobile engineers, so you may see some progress soon (Soon™).

4 Likes

We’ve been talking about making Developer for Android for a few months now. The current plan is to fix the iOS version to make the Pairing feature 99% reliable, and then make the Android version. Unfortunately, for the past 4 months there’s only been two mobile engineers (1 for iOS, 1 for Android), and we’ve had a lot of other things on our plate. It’s one of our stretch goals for this upcoming quarter, and we’ve just brought on 2 more mobile engineers, so you may see some progress soon (Soon™).[/quote]

Psst, make it work with the SystemMenu GuiStyle of studio. Low resolution monitors die with RibbonBar

2 Likes

Ribbon is fat and groups items in the worst possible order (namely plugins). Nobody should have it enabled even on RibbonBar. Your setup should look like this:

2 Likes

Ribbon is fat and groups items in the worst possible order (namely plugins). Nobody should have it enabled even on RibbonBar. Your setup should look like this:[/quote]

You’re dealing in too many absolutes imho. Different people have different priorities. There’s no single ‘right’ layout, especially in situations where screen space is limited.

This custom ribbonbar has worked really well for me for the past couple of months.

RobloxStudioRibbon.xml

3 Likes

No promises, because things can always change in the future, but for now, the Developer app (improvements for iOS and a new app for Android) is on our 2016 Q2 roadmap.

14 Likes