Same game appears twice at the popular page

After doing some research, I wasnt able to find a topic about this, so i’ll just report it.

Theres a bug thats been on roblox for atleast a year - same game appears twice at the popular page.

I thought that it was gone but today I found that its there again.

• The issue:

• Happens randomly.

• It’s a bug for a longer time.

Feel free to comment.

EDIT #1

2 Likes

It would be helpful if you knew a way to replicate it - that being said, I have experienced this in the past as well.

4 Likes

It’s impossible to replicate it using some pattern, it happens randomly mostly when a game got a rise of players. (I’m guessing at the time the page was loading or something.)

There’s a chance it happens if it’s a game with multiple places, much like with games in favourites appearing multiple times if you favourited a place that was moved to within a game.

2 Likes

Oh, well.

I’m assuming it’s a timing issue with games shifting positions at the same time the page is generated.

Could be fixed with a check somewhere to see if the game has already been listed every loop step on the page generation code.

1 Like

Read the new edit,I discovered something.

Can we get any staff to explain to us whether the page generator is suffering from the problem I assumed?

@0xBAADF00D got anything?

1 Like

I’m not a mod, I’m a programmer! If it relates to web, I probably have no idea.

1 Like

I’m aware. I edited before you replied sorry lol.
Is the web design team distinguished on DevForum?

1 Like

You don’t need to tag staff members in the Bug Reports and Feature Requests categories. They will see it.

4 Likes