Scheduled update release

Developers should be permitted to select an update time while publishing their game, with an option to automatically shutdown running instances or not. There have been multiple cases in the past where I schedule something and am unable to make it work because I am gone when it is scheduled. If I can finish it before-hand and then schedule it, I wouldn’t have to worry about being offline.

6 Likes

So you want to be able to break your game while you’re asleep and then have your players wait hours for you to wake up so you can fix it?

9 Likes

Hadn’t thought about it that way… I suppose that this is a good reason for this not to be a feature.

In the meantime you can use auto-hot key and write a quick script what waits (x) number of milliseconds between now and when you want to update and just leave your mouse over the publish button…

^That is a terrible idea, plz don’t

Have you considered scheduling updates for a regular time period when you’re not offline?

I get the idea of this request, but it’s just up to you to update on cue.

Does roblox have any web endpoints we can push place files to without studio? People could use those if they exist.

It does, and I use it in my tool ropp. Click the link to see my source code for it.

Specifically, this file.

2023 and this feature still isnt a thing… dissapointing

Timezones exist, and being able to just have the game update while out on vacation and such would be nice, especially for events. When setting a place to be scheduled take version and save it to publis, any edits after are ignored, unless overridden?

I agree with Tiffblocks not gonna lie

I do consider trying out PythonPublisher though (it’s unofficial but this sucks because you can break your game while on vacation and get your players to wait for your vacation to end to fix it)

1 Like