Fairly recently studio got an update that allowed scripts to remain open when you close and reopen a file / place. It’s a great feature and it feels like I really can just jump back in where I left off but it’s not maintaining open order across sessions. This kinda undermines the utility of a feature like this.
In the image above I’ve opened 4 scripts, in order of A, B, C, D. WIthout closing the scripts I’ll save and close studio then reopen it to find:
Where A is a Script, B a ModuleScript, C a ModuleScript, D a LocalScript. The bug only seems to occur when scripts of different types are open, making all the scripts the same type seems to preserve the opened / organized order.
- Create a new place (skip to step 4 if using the attached repro file)
- Insert 4 or more different types of scripts
- Name each inserted script a unique name
- Open the scripts in memorable order
- Save and reopen the place file
- Observe the scripts are now out of order
script order repro.rbxl (13.1 KB)
I can repro this 100% of the time on the latest build of studio (0.343.1.215372) on my windows 10 computer.