Studio Output Window: Riddles & Jokes!

Here’s some hilarity for our Studio developers looking for improvements in the Output widget!!!

Q: How many developers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: Two: one to screw in the lightbulb, and one to jump right to any syntax errors in his lua code by clicking on the syntax error message in the Output widget!

:joy: :joy:

Q: Why did the developer cross the road??
A: To tell his friend how glad he is that when he has an invalid asset id (like for a sound or image), the output widget doesn’t poop out 17 redundant messages. There’s just one message! And when you click on a message about a bad asset you will select the object in question and highlight the property with the invalid asset id.

Hardee-har-har!!!

A man with a duck walks into a bar.
The bartender says “Hey man, we don’t serve ducks here!”
The man says “I can’t fault your policy there: waterfowl are generally pretty unsanitary. But did you know that in Roblox Studio you can now click on any warn or print messages from lua and jump directly to the lua code that generated said output??”

Yuks for days!

Hey, did you hear about the man who fell into a lens-making machine?
Yes - he really made a spectacle of himself. On a related note, Studio will now group a sequence of identical messages with a counter! But don’t worry! The timestamp for the message will still be the time of the latest message!

Ok, I admit that one could use some work…

Knock-Knock!
Who’s there?
Not that irritating “ClassDescriptor failed to learn ThumbnailGenerator” error message, cuz that mess is GONE!

It’s funny because it’s true!

64 Likes

Praise the studio staff!

9 Likes

The perfect poet strikes again!

6 Likes

CycloneUprising for president 2020

7 Likes

Please return ability to print spaces and tabs in front of lines. I have to do hacky stuff to get around it.

7 Likes

These are the greatest jokes of 2016.

5 Likes

Second. Number one is an American joke.

6 Likes

These are the best types of update threads. I love you.

2 Likes

Sorry about the issue with newlines. That should be fixed now.

3 Likes

Minus points for breaking character.

1 Like

Hey I got another joke!

Knock knock!
Who’s there?
######!
What?
Please ### your ######!
I’# sorry could you ###### that #####?

you ruined ### joke!

Well it’# not ## fault!

Then the big red curtains close.
Complete silence in the audience … But then loud clapping!
"Woohoooo!!" Hats fly in the air.

9 Likes

But hat dropping is not a (native) feature anymore…

10 Likes