Suggestion for Editing GFXs

Hello,

Does any of you GFX Designer know any good free programs to edit pictures with? I’d like to use one to add text to things I made like this.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
DevLtWolfee
Novice UI Developer and GFX Artist.

2 Likes

Paint DOT net and/or GIMP, completely free. PaintDOTNet GIMP

1 Like

On an unrelated note, how did you get “Builder” beside your name?

He’s in the builder group just click on his Group tag (on his or my Profile) and you can join the group

https://gyazo.com/c1832836cb165c408e0e7dea66ec8bd8?token=5edab1cdd1e69180657afe46095e3268

in the bottom right corner you’ll see “Groups”

Related the the Original question

Paint.net and you can get Awesome Fonts by searching “Fonts” on google and you can choose the site you want.

Would I assume it’s only for full members?

No, cause I’m a “New Member” and I have it.

Any good fonts you would recommend?

I suggest using dafont.com for finding fonts, they have plenty to pick from.

And as for software there’s plenty.

Krita (More paint focused though)
Paint.net
GIMP
Adobe Photoshop Express (Essentially an extremely dumbed down version of Photoshop, it’s free.)

2 Likes

I can’t really recommend a Font to you because not all Fonts are good for all GFX so you have to find the one that suites the GFX you are working on the most.

Like how Movie Posters are they don’t have the same Fonts, neither do GFXs

And you can get Adobe Programs for free by using the Trial thingy, not sure if they still have it but you can edit the file’s code to extend your Trial, not sure if you can also still do that.

I would recommend using Photoshop. Once you learn how to use the program, everything is pretty mechanical. You can really do anything you want after learning how to use it. For fonts I would suggest dafont.com, as you can simply browse the website and look around for fonts that you think would enhance your graphics. If you’re looking to render players and games, I’d recommend Cinema4D or Blender. It takes some basic understanding to produce good graphics with these programs, but once you get the basics laid down, you can do anything you want!

2 Likes