SurfaceGuis overlapping over each other

surfacegui

#1
  • Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.
    At the specific case of my game, when a set of steps is followed, the surfaceGuis tend to clone themselves and overlapping each other. (see the video below)

  • How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.
    This bug happens systematically. For the case presented below:

  • When loading is done, press “Skip”;
  • Follow the instructions (Press Enter, basically);
  • Once inside the garage, click on the “Hangar” button. Then a menu is presented. Click on the right top button that will take you back to the first stage. Proceed like this multiple times.
  • Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.
    Seems to happen at a game level. Happens both in studio and client.

  • Would a screenshot or video help describe it to someone? If so, post one.


As seen here, when you keep exiting and entering the same surfaceGui over and over again, it keeps becoming more and more opaque, suggesting that the gui is cloning itself over and over.


If we change the ZIndex of one of the components and then set it back to it’s original value, it fixes itself, but if we repeat the steps in the first video, the bug happens again.

  • For graphics bugs, it is sometimes helpful to know your system specs, especially graphics card.

System Specifications:
CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K
Motherboard: Asus Z87-K
RAM: 2x4GB DDR3 @ 1866MHz
Main Disk: SanDisk Ultra 500GB
Secondary Disk: WD Blue @ 5400rpm
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (MSI Gaming X, using latest drivers)

Given the amount of complexity of the project and how the different systems rely on eachother, I am unable to “simplify”, neither comfortable in pubicly sharing a the original file. However, I can privately send it to a staff if it helps understanding the issue.


#2

This looks like a bug we have with how we order ui objects to be rendered (essentially in some edge cases objects can be readded). I have a fix going out for this later today.


#3

Took a little longer than I thought, but the fix for this should be live now, please lmk if you still experience this issue


#4

The issue has been fixed. Thank you for your quick response and work :slight_smile: