Team Create Bugs. Post 'em Here!

Today at RDC Q&A session I got a question about connection issues with Team Create. As we’re closely monitoring Team Create performance and see no serious problems there, apparently, we’re missing scenarios where Studio behaves not as expected.

We want Team Create to be rock solid and your help is greatly needed. Please use this topic to post bugs, connection loss scenarios and other issues you’ve noticed with Team Create. I’ll be posting updates as they get resolved.

50 Likes

Device emulation has been completely broken in team create ever since the new emulator came out.

13 Likes
18 Likes

They already have that on their to-do bucketlist on JIRA (thanks to the sneakpeak into their JIRA at RDC)

12 Likes

Thanks! Didn’t see that.

8 Likes

Also, I’ve had issues with “Request Publish” not finishing publishing before I go test in-game. I confirmed I was not joining an already-opened server. It would be great if “Request Publish” yielded until it actually finished publishing.

13 Likes

Already added to the bug list, but I’ll note it here so it’s easier to get a broad overview of all the bugs:

http://devforum.roblox.com/t/creating-instances-via-plugins-in-team-test-without-yielding-causes-disconnect/37085/3

7 Likes

My boi AlreadyPro found a bug, but he’s not on the forum yet so here we go:
ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ᵍᵉᵗ ᵐʸ ᵇᵒᶦ ᶦⁿ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᶦˢ ᵃ ᶜʳʸ ᶠᵒʳ ʰᵉˡᵖ

Whenever a TerrainObject is parented, it crashes Team Create but not studio, which makes it impossible to copy/paste terrain when working with it.

Example

Instance.new("TerrainRegion").Parent = game.ServerStorage

This code would disconnect you from the Team Create, but Studio will stay up.

11 Likes

I would like to thank everyone who posted here so far. Just wanted to assure you guys that we copy all your reports to our bug tracking system and add them to our pipeline. We’re working on them, you should start noticing bugs being fixed beginning the second half of August.

Please keep posting!

9 Likes

Not sure if this was ever resolved:

http://devforum.roblox.com/t/team-create-has-precision-issues/26637/
http://devforum.roblox.com/t/team-create-rotational-values-changing-slightly-after-reloading/28770/

8 Likes

Some issues the phantom forces team had:

• shutting down all servers will result in team create session closing (unsure if this was fixed)
  • when roblox updates, team create will close, and not save, losing hours of progress
  • there needs to be constant local backups, because if roblox servers have connection issues, shut down, or any other reason. We need a guaranteed good way to keep our game progress safe.
  • Making code changes, and publishing without closing the script tab will not save your code progress (had this happen to me a few times)

I’ll post more once i get a response from shaylan007

9 Likes

This was fixed but reverted intentionally because there was no other way to shut down team create servers.

Is this not already done? I though ROBLOX autosaved both to the cloud and your local disk in Team Create.

5 Likes

I am almost certain there have been cases where there were no local saves, i’ll get more info to be 100% sure.

4 Likes

I am in a dev group, and we have a place that has had TeamCreate on for a long time and has worked fine. Today, none of us were able to get into the team create session. When we clicked on the place in the start page in studio, it showed the small popup for “Requesting access”, but the Output showed no HTTP requests going out to connect, and it was just stuck. But if I joined the game as a regular player, then shut down all servers, we could get in again.

8 Likes

Yeah, it’s unfortunate how Team Create is managed from the session rather than the site. If you have an issue that prevents you from joining, you’re locked out of the place since you can’t join to turn Team Create off. And if you need to shut down the Team Create server, you have to shut down the entire game, booting out everyone who’s playing in addition to those in Team Create.

5 Likes

afaik this is still an issue

pinging @TheGuyWithAShortName @TofuBytes in regards to this one

edit: oh nvm it’s already been posted. @OniiCh_n u da man

2 Likes

Actually, I’m da man.

6 Likes

Resolved: “Team Create server shuts down when game servers are shut down”

Currently we’re working on: “Team Create crashes when Roblox makes weekly software updates”

3 Likes

Sometimes this happens when I try to edit a script:

It tells me I’m already editing and reverts any changes I try to make.
This time exiting out of the script did not help, while it usually solves the problem.
I closed studio and reopened the game and all my changes to that script from the past 3 hours or so were gone. During those 3 hours I had also opened, closed, and edited the script several times.

9 Likes