THAT neon bug with meshparts

neon bug.rbxl (178.1 KB)

Part1 in the workspace
change it between neon/anything else and every mesh lights up like a christmas tree

gtx 1070/16gb ram/amd fx-8310

I can reproduce this with a very simple setup. All you need in the workspace is a part set to neon, and a file mesh part (part with mesh child, or MeshPart, is doesn’t matter) that has a texture with alpha-channel transparency. The mesh part will glow, and most curiously it only seems to glow when the neon part is also in view of the camera.

Still getting this issue. Using humanoids fixes it for some reason, but I can’t go using humanoids for every object in an entire level. Are there any plans on fixing this?

so are there just no plans to fix this then
I still have an entire forest of glowing trees

You can work around this by removing the alpha channel from your trunk texture - not entirely sure why it’s there in the first place.

If I still need transparency in my texture - what should I do? Is this neon-like behavior something that’s going to be changed(fixed) or not?

We will take a look at fixing this bug but it’s pretty low priority. I’m not sure why you need transparency in your texture when it doesn’t work - that is, the bug is only present if your mesh is not transparent but your texture is.

I have a fix for this that will ship around July 11th (you can blame Independence Day for the delay).

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.