The Future of Filtering Enabled

Thank goodness for that, this was another PR disaster waiting to happen - young kids playing games where any old person could just come along and do whatever they wanted to the game…

2 Likes

This is a really good step in the right direction.
I think this will in a way flush out all the old “outdated” content and drive people to actually scripting new content as well as reworking existing content.

2 Likes

Will we have adequate warning? I’m currently in the process of converting my game Notoriety to FE, but it will take some time. It would be nice to know a solid “due date” in order to make sure I can convert it in time.

3 Likes

I like this change and wanted it to happen but at the same time I feel sad for the small developers or the kids that could throw a game together, insert models etc. It’s gonna restrict the creativity just imaging again my young-self which is sad but I know this had to happen, giant gravity-defying balls, random skyboxes, random music, bad…scripts could not go on any longer.

I still do hope that ROBLOX continues to patch exploits that arise as they can still affect FE games (okay not so bad) but they can gain a self-advantage of getting to areas they shouldn’t. Exploiting gyros and such for car games also

2 Likes

Honestly, you’ve literally had about 2 years to convert your game to Filtering - it’s pretty much been enforced that your game may be taken down if not FE and exploited constantly, so this isn’t really a unexpected announcement.

2 Likes

I’m not really posting on behalf of my game but it would still be nice to know the specific date of a major change like this-- I know my game is my own responsibility. :slight_smile:

Yeah was a general rant at anyone without FE - it makes me sad :persevere:

:octopus: yay

To be honest I don’t know how to do anything without Filtering Enabled

8 Likes