Tiered audio upload prices with LONGER max length/sizes coming soon!

I agree with this.

The problem with pricing has not gone away with this change. Instead of the problem where a quick sound effect costs the same as a 2 minute sound, you now have the case where a 2 minute sound costs as much as a sound thats 6 minutes long.

Tiered pricing is a welcome change for sub 2-minute sounds and I hope that there are more tiers above that. Maybe an extra R$100 per minute or something, so you have 2min = 100R$, 3min = 200R$ … 6min = 500R$?

It just feels a bit like the introduction of tiered pricing has shifted the problem… but it has solved a far more annoying problem with short sounds being expensive. :grinning:

6 Likes

We’ll probably wait until metrics are in before making any price adjustments. A lot of this is pending new moderator workload (especially any cheaper prices)

1 Like

Will beta testers get to test it?

So what you’re saying is we’re better off uploading any audio 3-4 minutes long as two separate <2 minute clips… Alright.

1 Like

.wav support?

please?

1 Like

WAV is lossless while MP3/OGG are compressed. This means the latter of the two are quicker to download which is a necessity when audio is rarely preloaded before being played, resulting in silence until the download is complete. Lossless audio files would probably only be looked into if/when ROBLOX streamed audio and played it as it was downloading.

3 Likes

games don’t need/shouldn’t have lossless audio

2 Likes

fyi: this should be coming this week

10 Likes

I imagine the first song to be uploaded in the 2-6 minute range is either Darude - Sandstorm or Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up.

So either Never Gonna Give You Up, or every song ever apart from that

4 Likes

Will this let us sort sounds by the length tier they’re in?

1 Like

don’t think so, bunch of web things involving this still in the works

1 Like

Correction: coming next week.
Blame 2-factor auth (also coming very soon).

10 Likes

Next Tuesday (the 6th).

Quote @thorisviking:

i’d be dissapointed if we missed [this] one

4 Likes

Well, I’m disappointed. :sad:

We’re trying to deliver this as soon as we can and I’m sorry about the continued delays.

I’ll post an update here when I know a more exact date but until then the best I can give you is: Soon.

4 Likes

New system is live.
Cheaper prices for shorter sounds tomorrow.
Longer sounds next week.

15 Likes

I just want to confirm again even after sifting through this thread…
With regards to “Longer sounds” is it going to be capped at 6 minutes as planned?

yes

cheaper audio uploads for shorter sounds are on.
please post if having any problems

Awesome!
Is this live for Beta Testers only?