[Appears Fixed] Tools randomly disappearing

1 Like

Please follow the steps for reporting a bug to ensure we have enough information to fix:

http://devforum.roblox.com/t/steps-to-report-a-bug/24388/8?source_topic_id=31160

Looks like it’s not an issue on R15

Edit: Dang maybe if you manually set arm rotation with Motor6D’s it doesn’t affect it.

It is, my place that it is happening on is R-15.

Your place is working fine for me.

EDIT: Nevermind. Broke it.

Title modified. This does not meet the criteria for a Critical bug.

Please read:

What issue are you having? Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.

Does the bug happen 100% of the time?

If so, are there steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.

Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc)

Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.

Would a screenshot or video help describe it to someone? If so, post one.

When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.

5 Likes

What are you talking about!?! This is super critical.

3 Likes

You’re kidding me right?

3 Likes

Really now? How many games use the Tool object as a critical part of gameplay?

5 Likes

It seems to be a Filtering Enabled only bug

It’s a bug introduced by roblox

It makes games unplayable

It’s widespread

How isn’t it critical? @CodeWriter

5 Likes

This is also happening to me, and with most games.

Critical bugs:

• A reproducible crash (game or website shutting down or returning a fatal error 100% of the time when a set of steps are followed)
  • Loss of data (either through Data Stores or Data Persistance)
  • Exploits

It’s a big issue, but not ROBLOX_CRITICAL as it’s defined.

From the bug reporting document:

Critical bugs
If you have a critical bug that urgently needs to be investigated, start your post with the phrase “ROBLOXCRITICAL”. This is used to alert admins right away to the issue. A critical bug must satisfy at least one of the following criteria:

• A reproducible crash (game or website shutting down or returning a fatal error 100% of the time when a set of steps are followed)
  • Loss of data (either through Data Stores or Data Persistance)
  • Exploits
2 Likes

Okay, but almost every top game is broken. That’s critical. I don’t care how its defined.

5 Likes

tru

Call it game-breaking then because that’s what it is and being pedantic about terminology doesn’t un-break games

6 Likes

Is it still happening now? A certain flag was enabled a while ago that I suspected was related, and it was turned off not too long after this thread was made.

There, since apparently it isn’t Roblox critical, I marked it as gamebreaking instead.

1 Like

Four of us are currently working on this issue. We will let you know status as we troubleshoot it. We have a reproduce case and are working to find the exact change that is the root cause.

11 Likes

This issue should be resolved now.

8 Likes