UI is clickable now and I cannot build with this system

Yep that’s what I was referring to when I said

But including those instructions in your reply will probably help others!

I fully agree with you. We NEED a way to disable the editor while we build!!! If I double click to select a texture, the next thing you know i’m editing a TextLabel.

You can remove the new ui editor, but it will come back every update.

Simply go to %localappdata%\Roblox\Versions find UIEditor.rbxmx and delete it.

You can use this plugin to circumvent this problem, just toggle off the UI Editor:

I hope Roblox releases a toggle for it built into Studio in the future, but that’ll do for now.

3 Likes

Hey everyone,

We will be following up with some solution on this problem that some of you are facing soon™. Its being actively discussed.

7 Likes

Don’t take this as complaining - but I think it’s a bummer that game creators, including front-page ones like Asimo (who posted this thread), have been facing issues with this feature since June and it’s just now being discussed, almost five months later, with no expected timeframe.

I’m not impatient about it and will gladly wait for it to get fixed, but I do hope that workflow-breaking problems like this get a little more urgency in the future.

14 Likes

I all honesty, we should be able to disable built in plugins within our preferences but for some reason that doesn’t exist yet

1 Like