UNLIMITED Z-Indexes

To the small group of you who don’t know what MAX_INT is, it’s exactly 2,147,483,647 (or 2^31 - 1)

That is significantly more values than the number of GuiObjects you can have on a screen in the first place, so for all practical intentions it’s unlimited.

2 Likes

Does this apply to all ZIndex type properties like DisplayOrder?

1 Like

Is DisplayOrder even fixed (It’s disabled according to the wiki http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=API:Class/ScreenGui/DisplayOrder)? I’d really like to use it, instead of having to systematically load all my GUI in a specific order :frowning:

We are just waiting for the fix to become live on all platforms, hopefully DisplayOrder will be able to be turned on again very soon. DisplayOrder will also be unlimited in the near future.

7 Likes

Very low energy reaction to a high energy update

2 Likes

This would have been useful in my 2d game making days.

Negative ZIndexs relative to tbe parent would have made this perfect

6 Likes

omg imagine the millions of GUIS i can stack on top of each other :smiley:

1 Like

siiick! now i can do proper depths effects on the UI

Since the topic was partially revived, I got a question. If I set a ZIndex to an extremely high number, would performance drop in anyway?

Just for future note, you shouldn’t bump threads that are over 3 months old without any reason…

You can always try - I presume that if you get into the higher up standard form powers you’d get some issues

there should be no perf difference

1 Like

Makes sense, most of my GUI’s are imaginary.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.