Update: Developer Forum Migration (May 10th, 2018)

Hey Developers,

As most of you know we have been working to move our Roblox Developer Forum servers over to own hosted servers (more on that here). Unfortunately, we ran into unexpected complications which have delayed the process.

Since we have been unable to migrate successfully within our allotted time period, we have removed read only mode to restore usability. The migration will be picked up at a later date once the issues have been resolved.

Thanks,
Developer Relations Team

25 Likes

Rip. Can we get anything on what internally went wrong? I’m just curious.

10 Likes

Good luck, you’ll get 'em next time

3 Likes

Thanks for letting us know! Hopefully it goes more smoothly next time.

I’m happy we’re going to have another quiet read-only day, tbh. I liked knowing that absolutely nothing was going to get posted and I didn’t feel the need to constantly refresh the DevForum. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I was descending into madness because I kept habitually checking the devforums

9 Likes

Awwww

I hope it had nothing to do with me making a topic when the read-only was lifted for 10 minutes in the middle of it :neutral_face:

4 Likes

No worries, that wasn’t the issue that caused it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’ve had a few issues before migrating a Discourse Instance’s Data to another, maybe there’s so many Posts and Assets, (Most are hosted on Discourses CDN as I’m aware). Half the time It just fails for me and just partiallly migrates.

1 Like

Well, at least your tried… Hopefully next time it all goes to plan.

1 Like

Hey I’m gone all next week, so feel free to do it then lol

5 Likes

Do it during RDC so half of us don’t notice :thinking:

2 Likes

Read only mode allows me to catch up and read everything since I don’t usually post anywhere other than the Public, Support, Moderation and Tutorial categories. I have no idea what goes on in Lounge, Development Discussion, Feature Requests (not that much anymore) or Bug Reports (same thing). Or the other ones.

2 Likes