Updates to Chat Privacy API + New Account Indicators + Changes to Text Filtering APIs

The absolute position is 60, -28 and the absolute size is 128, 20.

If you want a hacky version, just check if filterstring works on 1234, or something like that

3 Likes

I’m logged in as BrokenBone. I hit Start Server in studio and the Player1 was registered as a nonchatter. I know I was definitely logged in properly since I was using my game’s datastores.

Because it isn’t enabled yet :stuck_out_tongue:

No it’s enabled. I already updated my game. I tested it last night, wasn’t enabled. Tested now and it’s enabled and doesnt error

1 Like

Well then

Having all this “Account Over 13 yrs” stuff is kinda redundant. A new coregui method to hide it would be nice :unamused:

2 Likes

Uh, if you disable the topbar, it looks like this:
WHYYYY.png

Why do we need this displayed up there? I don’t see the point to ruin a game’s UI / look just so you can see what your age is… That was the main reason to get rid of the ‘TopBar’ anyway, we didn’t want any UI not made by us on the top (if we could, we would love to be able to modify the hamburger icon too!) I don’t understand the logic behind this, even do I understand the logic of having it displayed ANYWHERE in-game.

If this is so that “Parents can see if their child is on the right settings” then instead, they would know since the chat would be gone in the first place… This label isn’t needed in any fashion. We had to fight SO hard to get a cleared out topbar!

18 Likes

I assume it’s there so that parents can tell at a glance whether their kids’ accounts are using the correct privacy settings, and not lying about their age.

It could certainly use some polishing up, but this was probably a really quick change they wanted to get out ASAP.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t they just be able to see if they could see the chat or not?

Can you add an option to move the “Account: Under 13 text” to the top right (or just move it to the top right by default)?

The top left of the screen is usually much more important than to top right of the screen. We need that space on the top left of the screen to add custom “topbar” buttons or a chat bar etc.

Here is an example of my chat gui getting ruined by this update. I’d ideally want my custom TopBar-like buttons to be next to the esc menu button. Moving the buttons to the right of the “Account under 13 text” would make this design more clunky and take up more space.

6 Likes

Account Over 13 yrs would look a lot nice as just “13+” or “<13” imo.

11 Likes

I think it should just not be displayed at all on the TopBar… if anyone needs to know if the account is over / under 13, it should be clear whether or not a chat is available to them. No need to add an unnecessary eyesore to the already (ew) topbar

1 Like

Games can have a custom chat, have the chat in a different place, or the chat could be temporarily hidden. Having the indicator always there ensures that parents can tell at one glance whether their kids are at the right setting. They might (probably?) change it or have a less intrusive kind of indicator later on, but it seems that we just have to deal with it for now.

Especially the Account Over 13 yrs text is very unnecessary. I sort of understand adding the Account Under 13 yrs text. But the account Over 13 yrs text really adds no value.

3 Likes

How about something like this? Above the shift lock. This way a parent could easily walk by and look down and confirm their child still has the 13+ or 13- option on. Whilst, still allowing developers to uterlize the space for GUI

Putting my parent hat on thinking ‘if this was my cheeky kid that’s gonna turn off my restrictions, what would I think’ and I thought this would be a little ‘glance’ over and noticing it there.

What might be even more ideal is to only show this if your account is under 13, so you could instantly look and if that little black box is gone, you would know they’ve tampered with it or used a friends account possibly.

12 Likes

I think more people have put GUIs there than next to the hamburger button to be honest

5 Likes

Yes, on Xbox One there is voice chat.

5 Likes

I was trying to think ‘discrete but noticeable’

As required per Microsoft regulations for games on XBOX 1

1 Like

ROBLOX xbox doesn’t have voice chat :expressionless: