Updates to Chat Privacy API + New Account Indicators + Changes to Text Filtering APIs

Yeah but, this is due to your code? You can leave out the first part of the if-statement entirely, it adds nothing functionally to your code snippet. That’s what I’m trying to say. The second check where you check if player1 can chat with player2 is enough, or just check afterwards if the result of the filter isn’t empty

Ye well the filter doesn’t make much sense either if it doesn’t filter according to filter settings, right?

If I set my chat settings to nobody, and the chatfilter allows someone to chat with me then it’s not really doing it’s job.

Are you filtering user-generated strings in your DataStores?

There are no such strings.

Are you passing strings to the server from the client in a context that is replicated to other users, but isn’t displayed to other users? It might be a false alarm that you’re triggering.

Nope.
The only input I have is when you chat or create a party.
Also when you whisper or warn, all of which uses filtering.

In theory it might also be a moronic hacker passing strings to remote events that shouldn’t be receiving strings. I’d add asserts to your server side to make sure you aren’t accidentally passing things to clients in an incorrect context.

When a person chats, its string is filterd for each player who will receive the message. Even if a hacker used the remoteevent it’s still filterd.

Also, we aren’t responsible for making a game 100% hacker proof, we don’t even have the tools for that.

Visible age in game has been updated to use a new design. If the top bar is enabled, it will be under the player name as before but the wording will be slightly different. When the top bar is disabled, it will be a simple <13 or 13+ beside the hamburger button with no background.

The new absolute size of the account age indicator with no top bar is 18, 36 and the absolute position is 50, -36.

28 Likes

That’s a lot nicer.
Thanks for getting it changed!

8 Likes

You may want to see if a TextStroke can be added to the 13+/<13, someone can put a white frame behind it and make it illegible.

http://i.imgur.com/xalGYse.gifv

5 Likes

Instead of that, make it have drop shadow like the hamburger icon does maybe?

11 Likes

this is why we can’t have nice things

6 Likes

Roblox changed it, looks better now :smiley:
https://gyazo.com/d073aa6f129ee6655fb9c8669ce4e432?token=bae04d4596e5aedb2363f9a351ae6a9a

4 Likes

Only problem is that it creates redundant information to show your username twice on all pages. “Account: 13+”, “Account is 13+”, or just “13+” would’ve been better for this label. I do like the change though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Late response: you can skip the first CanUserChatAsync check. CanUsersChatAsync will cover that (i.e. return false if either user has chat disabled).

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.