When duplicating and negating a cylinder, it's rotation or size seems to change?

I’ve checked the rotation & position of cylinder before the I negated it. It has the same size and rotation as before, but as you can see it’s different.

This is a problem because it does this.

Is there a solution or do I just have to live with it? I’ve already searched the forums for an answer but couldn’t find one.

2 Likes

I’ve had this issue before with a previous build. I tried rotating the negative part to see if that would work but surely enough it didn’t. The whole composition of the cylinder seems to change when negated. So, I don’t believe there is a way around it. However, to get a similar look of what you want (I assume) if you size the the brick connecting the wedge and the cylinder down by a fairly small increment and then size it through the cylinder, it should work but may not look the best. Ultimately, if you wanted to make it smooth, you could union it although it may cause lag for some users due to Roblox having to generate the custom geometric form.

1 Like

I apologize to everyone for this, it’s mostly for people that come view this, but I’ve found that it only does this when the cylinder getting negated has an actual orientation upon negation. if you try at an orientation of (0,0,0) you’ll see the composition stays the same, although this is a pretty annoying fix, it does allow the creation of rings.

Edit: my above statement is incorrect as I checked with a larger cylinder and it started changing again, but I’ve discovered the composition of the negated circle doesn’t actually affect the union so long as both cylinders have the same orientation.

2 Likes