Why do my Blender models separate and how do I fix this?

I’m new to Blender and I’m struggling to understand why all my models are separating. For example, if I were to important a tree to Roblox Studio, the leaves would detach from the trunk and I’m unable to edit it. Could anyone help me with this?

Try CTRL+J while having both sections selected, I’d also suggest removing doubles then.

1 Like

Oh that worked, thanks.

When you export a model in blender and import it into Roblox, the entire thing gets exported as one whole mesh. You cant change the “position” of the leaves once you import the model into Roblox. I suggest exporting each part of the tree as separate meshes.

As for why the leaves were off in the first place, you probably forgot to apply transforms. Select all the objects (hotkey: A) and apply transforms (CTRL+A -> Rotation/Location/Scale). This may only be done in object mode.

1 Like

Yeah, I know you can’t change the position without it being separately imported but I must have messed something up with the leaves.

1 Like

Be sure to mark @TheGreenDeveloper’s post as the solution. It’s the check mark button in the same row as the like button.

Sorry, fixed it. :+1: