[100%] Scope declaration words are opening new tabs in Script Editor, regardless of placement

Function spelled incorrectly:

Function spelled correctly:

Notice that the word function is contained within a string. Spelling function wholly opens a new tab, while spelling it incorrectly disables the tab. Each instance of the word function is recognised as the opening of a new scope. Obviously, this is not intended behaviour, because there is no actual scope being opened.

I can currently silence the error by adding end for each instance of function, regardless of how it appears. Right now, I’ve done it in comments.

The commented end statements remove the new tabs.

This issue is observable with other words and circumstances as well. Encapsulate statements that open scopes with quotes or begin the line with a comment and observe the problem occur.

This problem has an 100% occurrence rate on Script Editor. I am quite unsure of when this started occurring, however I only took notice to its presence today.

Potentially related threads:

(cc @IcyTides)

6 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Script Editor: Folding does not work properly when keywords in comments or elseif is involved

Issue already reported.

Noted. I’ll flag the post to be merged and the topic to be closed.

1 Like

Duplicate