We’re excited to announce that 2FA Authenticator is now available across web, mobile, and Studio.
This feature adds an additional layer of protection to your account, which will better protect it from unauthorized access even if someone knows your password. When you log in, you’ll be asked to enter a unique security code from the Authenticator, an application that you download and set up on your cell phone. Only you will have access to the Authenticator app; no one else will be able to obtain the security code.
Thank you to everyone who helped us test 2FA Authenticator while it was in the web-only beta. Today, this feature is now rolled out on web, mobile, Studio, and fully available to all users!
However, the following platforms are unsupported at this time: Xbox and Universal Windows Platform (UWP). If the Authenticator feature is enabled, you will not be able to login to your account on these platforms. To log in on these platforms, you will need to temporarily turn off Authenticator on web, mobile, and studio and log into your account on Xbox or UWP.
We recommend that you turn on 2FA Authenticator to increase the security of your account. This will better protect your account against account takeover, even if an attacker is able to gain access to your email account or phone number.
- Download an Authenticator app on your phone. Some options include Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, and Twilio Authy.
- Log into your Roblox account.
- Go to Account Settings → Security tab and toggle on Authenticator
- Scan the QR code from the Authenticator app on your phone. Alternatively, you can opt to manually enter a code into the Authenticator app.
Enter the generated security code from your Authenticator app into the Authenticator Setup prompt. Authenticator is now turned on.
Enter your password to generate recovery codes in case you lose access to the Authenticator app.
- You will see your 10 active recovery codes. Save the recovery codes in a secure place and close the prompt. You will not be shown the recovery codes again. These codes can be used in case you lose access to your phone, so don’t store them on your phone. Reminder: Roblox team members and support agents will never ask you for your recovery codes or password.
Note that in cases where you may want to temporarily disable the Authenticator, you will need to scan a new QR code or enter a new manual entry code into the Authenticator app to link your account every time you re-enable it.
- Log into your account with email / phone / username and password.
- Enter generated code into the prompt from your Authenticator app.
- If you don’t have your Authenticator app with you or want to login via a different verification method, click on “Use another verification method”. You will be able to use recovery codes or email 2SV if you have it enabled.
See our help center article about adding 2-Step Verification to your account for more information.