3rd party Script-Saving

Hey there!

I’ll keep this one short and simply, but I am struggling against something. Is there any kind of script that saves your tools or teams when entering a 3rd party game made byt he same developer?

For instance: You equip a specific tool in a game and teleport to another game made by the same developer. How do you “Keep” this tool? or Team, Et cetera.

I understand that this message might be a little Sloppy, and a bit professional; my apologies. Feel free to ask any questions if the situation remains unclear.

NOTE: The places are created by the same developer. With “3rd-party” I am defining two separate experiences.

2 Likes

So you’re asking if you can save scripts from someone’s else’s game?

1 Like

It’s kind of confusing what you are asking for. Also, pretty sure this isn’t the correct category to put this discussion in, Scripting Support or Game Design Support would be better.

2 Likes

There definitly is a way to do that, Im not familier with it, but just use those variables that go across games (I dont know what those are called) and store what tools you are holding, then give the player the tools by checking the variables

1 Like

Use TeleportData (insecure) or DataStore values. Keep the tools in ServerStorage and give the tools when entering a place.

2 Likes

NOTE : This only works if the place is the part of same game / unisverse

You can do this 2 ways

1.) Datastore Service ,(But very tedious)

Instead

2.) TeleportSetting

local TeleportService 
--blah blah
--Real Part

TeleportService:SetTeleportData("Key",--All tht tool stuff goes here)
1 Like

There are Universes, these are where the places stay. You can have multiple places in one universe which will allow you to share data using DataStoreService. This is accomplished using the “Asset Manager”. Enable it via view:

After enabling you can go to

then right click and press “add new place”

Boom! You have just created another place, double click it to go there and those are 2 separate games with the same data.

1 Like

You can call GetJoinData from the server;

Apparently it should be pretty secure.

2 Likes

There are no variables that go across games, but you can use TeleportService to send TeleportData to another game, and I’m pretty sure DataStoreService supports Universes.

1 Like

Teleporting Between Places.

2 Likes

They can only spoof the local method of getting the data, this info apparently is outdated.

1 Like

The DevForum post I linked stated that modifying the data will result in it being nil when requested with GetJoinData, the only spoofing being the client can re-use older data. I didn’t say it’s fully secure, but the staff post does make it seem like it uses encryption in some way, with it failing decryption and becoming nil when modified, likely through some sort of hash.

It’s still more secure than regular TeleportOptions and TeleportService:GetLocalPlayerTeleportData

1 Like