[CLOSED] Cinder Studio is hiring a 3D Modeler for a new game

Hi there! We’re Cinder Studio, known for developing the game Roblox High School 2.

Right now we’re about to start working on a brand new arcade-style soccer game, and we’re looking to hire a 3D modeler to join us and help make the magic happen.

Our team assignments for the new game are currently:

• Me - Scripter & Lead Developer
  • Archaeic - Builder
  • MorphoPeleides - Builder
  • Umbra_Crowspike - UI Designer
  • Aesura - Artist

I’ll personally be in the Summer Accelerator program this year to work full-time on this game at Roblox HQ.

About the Game

Best way to describe it? This is soccer, but amped up to the extreme. You’ll be able to make big hits against your opponents, use special abilities, take supercharged shots, and compete on dynamic fields with hazards that will spice up the action. If you’ve ever seen or played Mario Strikers Charged, that’s the same sort of energy we’re going for.

As you progress, you’ll earn cash which can be spent on items and abilities to customize your character, and you’ll be able to rise up the ranks as you master the game.

I made a quick and dirty prototype of the core game mechanics here if you wanna check it out.

The initial work for the game will last from now until the first release around August.

Since these positions will involve working directly with characters, make sure you develop the assets to fit the game’s following avatar settings:

• R15 Avatars
  • Body Type: 70%
  • Proportions: 100%
  • Players will be allowed to use the following body packages: Roblox Boy, Roblox Girl, Man, Woman, 1.0, 2.0.

3D Modeler

We’re planning on integrating a lot of customization into the game. Players will be able to open crates which contain accessories including headgear, gloves, and shoes - you’ll be in charge of creating these accessories. These items will range in rarity from everyday wearables to super flashy/elaborate/fantasy items that’ll really make you stand out from the rest. Each item will also come in different colored varieties as well. The items should have an average amount of detail, and they aren’t all expected to have a realistic style.

(If you know how to make Roblox particle effects, that’s not a requirement, but it would be a plus when making some of the rarer items)

We’ll provide general guidance on which types of items to make, and we’ll likely have some concept art/references for certain designs to make, but being able to come up with your own designs/visual flair for items will be a big plus. You’ll be joining us as a full, ongoing member of the team, so the creation of these items will always be an ongoing creative process; we don’t have a fixed list of specific items to make.

To start things off, I expect we’ll need at least 10-15 of each type of item (headgear/gloves/shoes) to populate the first batch of crates, as well as the different colored variants for each item. The most emphasis will be on the shoes, given the nature of the game, and since a lot of headgear can probably just be pulled from the Roblox catalog and retextured.

There’ll also be a few miscellaneous models that you might have to create (such as the ball).

To equip gloves/shoes, the avatar’s hands/feet parts will be deleted and replaced with the item’s model. Gloves/shoes will likely be slightly oversized to ensure that they fit well onto all packages and to give them greater visibility. (I will dynamically scale the models in-game to fit each package’s hand/feet sizes)

Payment Details

You’ll be paid somewhere around 5,000 - 25,000 R$ in group funds for each item; the amount depends on the complexity and quality of that particular item. (example: ~5,000 R$ for very basic stuff, ~25,000 R$ for elaborate rare items)

As a full member of the team, you’ll be expected to continue to create more content on an ongoing basis after the initial release. I also offer a small percentage of monthly game profits as a bonus for this post-release content development (likely around 3% - it depends on how much work is being done and how well the content is doing)

The key to a strong team is strong relationships - we’re a chill/goofy bunch of people, so we hope you’ll be around in the Discord chat so we can all get to know each other better. :smile:

Animator (POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED)

Since there’ll be a lot of physical play in this game, it’ll be really important to have fluid animations for all of the actions the characters can perform. You’ll be responsible for creating a variety of animations including:

• Kicking animations
  • Tackle/deke animations
  • Goalie animations
  • Knockdown/stun animations
  • Celebration emotes

Since this is an arcade style, non-realistic soccer game, the character’s motions should be heavily exaggerated - they should put maximum effort into every action they perform, and they should be able to feel the impact of every hit that’s given or taken.

The first batch of gameplay animations (about 40 of them) will need to be done by the end of June. After that, there’ll be a few other animations to be done in July-August (the celebration emotes & any other miscellaneous animations that may be needed - those will be figured out later in development)

Payment Details

You’ll be paid an average of 5,000 - 10,000 R$ in group funds per animation (the exact amount depends on the complexity and quality of the animation). Most of these will be around 1 second animations.
This job is a one-off contract work opportunity, but if I like your work, I will definitely reach out to you again if we need more animation work in the future.

Contact Me

If you’re interested in this position, please apply via Devforum DM (@Cindering). I’m looking to select people within the next 1-2 weeks. Must be 13+ to apply.
If you have any questions at all, or you want more details, feel free to message me! I’m happy to talk more.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

i really wanna animate for this.
i really do.

3 Likes

Go for it!! Was going to apply for the position but I don’t think I’m up for it.

1 Like

Apply anyway man, always give yourself a shot, even if there’s a 99% chance you won’t make it there’s that 1% chance you will.

Just like that, the animator position is filled :stuck_out_tongue: The 3D modeler position remains open!

1 Like

I know building and scripting weren’t mentioned here at all but would that be a position you’d need for anything?

We’re all set with builders, and I don’t think we’ll need another scripter at this time (but if that ever changes I’ll be sure to make another post)

1 Like

Did you find a 3D modeller in the end?

Hey @Cindering,
I have been super fascinated in working with you for a long time. I did offer to show something I was testing to you previously. I would love to fill this position and I have work to show, reply to this with a response when you can.

Many thanks.

For the 3D modeler position I can recommend @GuestCapone
Read his portfolio here.

1 Like

Both positions have been filled now - thanks to everyone who applied :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.