[Moved] [$60K USD - $100K USD / yr] Adopt Me is hiring Gameplay Programmers

This job post has been relocated to our studio website. Find this role and others at: playadopt.me/jobs

DreamCraft is hiring full-time Gameplay Programmers (multiple roles available).

Location: Remote, work from home (or in-office at Roblox HQ, San Mateo, California, US)
Salary Range: $60,000 - $100,000 USD / yr (paid monthly)

About Adopt Me:
Adopt Me! is the record-breaking #1 concurrent player count game on Roblox (WR: 640,000+ players online at once), delivering a best-in-class social pet adoption experience to our community of over 24 Million monthly active players. Adopt Me features an in-depth housing and avatar editor, a strong trading economy and vibrant social community - plus lots of very cute pets to take care of.

About our games studio:
DreamCraft is the studio behind Adopt Me. At the time of writing our team includes 17 diverse and talented full-time team members working in-office or remotely across the world. We’re looking for candidates who are skilled, experienced, and want to help make Adopt Me and future game projects even bigger and even better.

From a current Team Adopt Me Gameplay Programmer:

Being a Gameplay Programmer here is incredibly rewarding. Every day I get to be creative and solve interesting code problems all while learning new skills and growing as a programmer and a person. The updates I work on get played by millions of players, seeing them enjoy my work is so satisfying. My colleagues are awesome and I really feel like I can be myself here, I’m not just working alone.

SubheaderWhatWeOffer

• A diverse team full of creative, talented people. Learn and share knowledge, do great work whilst making friends and having fun.
  • LGBTQIA+, POC / BAME, neuroatypical and disability friendly working environment. We have a zero tolerance policy for transphobia, sexism, racism and other forms of discrimination.
  • Be a part of a growing independent video game studio with a hugely successful game, a place where talented people are empowered to do their best work in sustainable long term jobs. We want you to be happy and work here for many years!
  • Competitive pay, with company benefits like healthcare coming in 2020. We encourage team members to take time off and take care of their physical and mental health. We try our best to avoid crunch - we want to be a zero burnout studio
  • Opportunities to grow and to lead, to have significant impact on our products and to meaningfully contribute to our direction as a team and a company.
  • “Full-time” roles averaging 40 hours per week - work your own hours from anywhere in the world, fit your work around your life (whilst still doing your best work).
  • Help create or support something that adds genuine value to the lives of millions of real people across the world.
  • The opportunity to build something ambitious, to raise the bar, to break records and be a part of one of the most innovative studios on the Roblox platform.

SubheaderWeWantYouTo

• Be curious, want to improve yourself and others
  • Care deeply about our mission of creating best-in-class game content that kids will remember long into adulthood
  • Take ownership of projects and be willing to lead
  • Empathize deeply with others and believe our games can be vessels for social good

SubheaderTheJob
GAMEPLAY PROGRAMMER - ADOPT ME - FULL-TIME - SAN MATEO, US (OR REMOTE)

Responsibilities

• Plan and implement creative gameplay content according to our roadmap using Roblox Studio and Lua.
  • Collaborate with artists, modellers, project coordinators and other team members to complete your projects on time and make them feel great.
  • Understand and extend existing frameworks and systems to support the features necessary for your creative updates.

DesiredShouldHaveTraits

• Passion for conceptualizing and implementing your own creative original ideas
  • Strong grasp of Roblox API
  • Solid familiarity with data structures (stacks, queues, graphs, hashmaps, etc) and algorithms (BFS, DFS, Quicksort, etc)
  • Strong communication skills in English

BonusWouldBeNiceToHaveTraits

• A top quality experience on Roblox that you have designed and programmed
  • Experience working in self-managed roles and remote teams
  • Secondary game development skills that may help you support your engineering work - UI/UX, game design, graphic design, audio design, modeling + texturing, etc

Compensation

• Pay will be competitive and negotiable. Est. $60,000 - $100,000 USD / yr, based on your experience

SubheaderHowToApply
This job post has been relocated to our studio website. Find this role and others at: playadopt.me/jobs

CurrentOpenings

48 Likes

Is this position still available? I had received an email about it but didn’t reply until a day or two ago because it got bumped down during the holidays.

4 Likes

Hey @Isosta , there are multiple positions still available. Good luck!

6 Likes

When can we expect to receive an email regarding our application? I’ve also received one a few days ago asking for some further information, which I provided. No rush, just want to know when to look out for an incoming message.

2 Likes

Are any building positions expected to become available in the forseeable future?

1 Like

good morning, I will contact you here to ask if you are looking for a builder or a translator (Spanish translator) I am interested, let me know your information

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.