A question about building cafes/restaurants

I have no clue where to put this question in, so I’m hoping that this is the right place.

Disregarding that, to all the builders who’ve built cafes/restaurants before, does it usually take longer to build a cafe/restaurant compared to a build of different genre? I do know that building restaurants tend to have more detail/parts in the build compared to different maps.

I’m currently building a cafe/restaurant at the moment, and I feel like I’m doing something wrong because of the fact that it’s taking me a lot longer to complete the cafe to most builds that I’ve done in the past.

– Note that this is the 2nd time I’ve built a cafe/restaurant –

Any inquiries would help, thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I am honest,
I think that a restaurant, depending on the quality, it is way easier than Simulators, RPG or any types of games.

2 Likes

Building a restaurant type roleplay game is way easier than making a regular game as you don’t have to script as much. For example, for a simulator, you would have to script the UI, Rebirth, Shop, sell, money, etc.

3 Likes

Hi,

I mainly build cafes, restaurants and hotels. I’d personally say cafes are easier to build as they can be cute and small but still be interesting and attract players but they can also be large and detailed filled cafes which will use a lot of dedication and time. But overall, cafes/restaurants are much easier to build than hotels, simulators, military games etc. as they don’t require as much scripting unless you want advanced GUIs, loading screens or roleplay equipment. With simulators you may want extra levels, worlds etc. whereas for a cafe/restaurant that isn’t necessary.

Usually if I take longer on a build it’s because I’m trying out new techniques, styles, placement or colour swatches or I’m just adding lots of detail and small things which can really improve the experience for a customer.

I hope this helped or gave you some guidance. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I personally think it depends on the builder. I used to build a lot of buildings and cafes etc. until I realized I’m much better at building props and decoration.

1 Like

Hey,

As they all already said, it mainly depends on the quality. But you do need to remember that a cafe/restaurant is a clear design. You build the outside and add tables and stuff inside and that’s pretty much it. Other games on the other hand, need a design that isn’t always clear (like a city or so).
I personally think that building is extremely easy if you have a clear plan or a picture (which you can design or get from google pics) and this is also why I think building a cafe isn’t hard as you go along with the pictures you have. I’d definitively say (in general) building things that aren’t real and created by yourself are harder to make due to the problems with the design.

I hope this helped you in a way! :slight_smile:

• Cheerful
2 Likes