A ship/spaceship following specific points

Hey there! Today I’m trying to make something similar to this:

The spaceship in the 8th annual bloxy awards, it arrives every few minutes (with a countdown displaying when it arrives and departs) and goes around in a specific line, and some parts are animated or some parts it fully turns around and makes you look at stuff,

How would I go about making this, and making this smooth?
BodyPosition and BodyGyro are my best guesses…

2 Likes

I bet you can use TweenService.

1 Like

that doesn’t let the player go along with it though, at the bloxy awards the players could walk around and interact with stuff

This post might help.

1 Like

I’ve seen that before but doesn’t really explain alot

What do you mean with “doesn’t let the player go along with it”? Like get DRAGGED by it while its moving? Or stop it in certain places?

Dragged with it and stuff, I’ve seen the model come by in the toolbox a couple of times (the bloxy awards spaceship model) and it has some body movers in it and attachments, and it has a part with it called “ShipDestination” also with an attachment… i don’t know how to continue from this

You should make your own to understand how to make something similar. This post might help you a little bit, i won’t just write a full script magically, you know.

i know that I’m just asking how they would’ve done it, because i know tweenservice ain’t the answer

TweenService is mostly the answer. If not, what would it be? There’s not really another way.

like I said at the bottom of the topic…

BodyPosition and BodyGyro wont really help since the spaceship is flying, in my opinion.

When I was watching it, I did notice players getting dragged behind a bit (this can mostly occur due to that player being laggy). Tween service would work with this, but I think you can just weld the space ship and have it tween.

Welding the player to it can be found here:

i found out they used something like “align position” and “align orientation”… never seen those before but i don’t mind players dragging behind btw

I would assume that they used BodyPosition and BodyGyro with combination of TweenService. In short, inside the model (which is welded together), they have a BodyPosition (we’ll ignore the BodyGyro for now) in which the position of it is controlled by TweenService (yes, you can Tween a body position). It would look something like TweenService.Create(BodyPosition, TweenInfo, {Position = TargetPos}). I saw some people fall, especially on turns, and go very smoothly on straights, which most likely means that they are using a BodyPosition and combining that with TweenService to make it move smoothly.

UPDATE: As of writing this, I did not see the reply about “Align Position” and “Align Orientation.” That being said, it is likely that they just used that with a combination of TweenService. Personally, I have no idea how to use align position or align orientation and both of them are attachment based which makes stuff a bit harder for some. I recommend just using BodyPosition and BodyGyro, and updating both of those using TweenService.

1 Like