A Space Station Survival - Simulator

Hello! I recently came up with the idea of ​​a space station/base simulator. And I’m not sure if they will play it, and therefore I need your help, or rather, so that you read the description, evaluate the mechanics of the game and make your verdict - yes or no.

Im already sorry for my bad english, i also used google translate.

About the game.
You wake up in a strange place, from a computer notification, as you later find out - people are almost extinct, and you are the only ones in all space, with the exception of the AI ​​​​that was made for such a case and that will help you get basic resources like:electricity, oxygen, water, food, materials, and how to take care of the station.
P.S. There will be cooperative up to 4 players.

Further, after he explains the basics to you - you are on your own, but you can use the book about all the problems in the computer.

You will have to explore a lot of things and find a lot of things, get out of the station and head for the asteroid, study it, make a report and send a report to the last group of people on an unknown planet. You can also have an animal synthesized on a bioprinter : D

About mechanics.

Computer and post service
- Post service
You can either buy something in the computer from the remaining people, or get a reward for the task.

- Computer
The computer in this game is yours - a friend, an assistant and a means of communication, it is your everything.

Materials are matter
Materials are important. For example: your tool (this does not apply to the starting tools received during training) did not cope with the task due to material that was not suitable for this case? Too bad you’ll have to make a new one.

Farming
Farming. Yes you can make a farm in your station, and plant seeds of tomato, potatoes, carrots, cabbage, berries - strawberries, blackberries and others.
Don’t forget - they need care, water and light, they need it all to thrive!

Crafting
You can craft the same tool from different materials, but it’s better to make it from the right materials (you can recognize them on the computer)
You can synthesize animals and breed them! You can build various stations, manipulators and power sources!

And thats all.
Now i wanna get answer - will you play it? single or with your friends?
Maybe you wanna give me some mechanics for making game funny?

2 Likes

I may be biased but I very much dislike sci-fi games. Furthermore, it’s a simulator…

I would try to come up with a different genre. The space theme is cool, and I’m sure other people would like the sci-fi, so if you want to stick with that, go ahead, but I wouldn’t do a simulator.

Yeah like a simulator, but im also think on citybuilding game(for it i have MEGA idea), or colonial game

If you make it balanced, it sounds like an amazing idea. By balanced, i mean, if it isnt too easy. Having constant tension is what makes a lot of games fun, the constant threat driving the player forward.

Maybe having it on an alien planet like mars would be better? That would provide exploration, like subnautica. It would also be cool if there were inhabitants you had to fight off, like the biters in factorio, to get to resources. Or maybe even too simply defend yourself, though that might take it a bit too far.
(Missed the part about the asteroid and the other people, i thought you were alone on a station in deep space)

Yes! Asteroids and meteor showers, as well as the death of plants(without plants u can’t get the food), a lack of electricity and oxygen is your death, everything will break either from the expiration of the expiration date or from damage by meteorites

The idea of ​​mars or another planet - maybe the second part of the game, as for me it will be cool.