Ability for users to see and upload screenshots//images of a game onto the game page

DISCLAIMER: I had this idea for a couple of months now only to realize that it was introduced in hack week 2018 and 2019, but with this, there will be more in-depth and explanation on how it will work.

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to show screenshots of your game without making a thumbnail out of it or possibly a video or post on the forums in #help-and-feedback:cool-creations for feedback from forum members, but as well as posting stuff on Twitter and Instagram such as tagging people or hashtags to certain people or a category, but we are not talking about the forums, mostly talking about screenshots onto the game page like Arsenal, Natural Disaster Survival, or other games out there on the website.

We all have discord to show game development and other apps like Twitter and Instagram to post some of our latest development as well as some new generations or plugins that we make, right? For me, I don’t feel like posting gameplay images onto discord or Twitter and posting some sort of hashtag/ping everyone on gameplay images or maybe to get attention from other developers or users to see what I have created and how detailed it looks, most people on twitter or on discord upload images of their creations non-stop like 5-6 times a day for opinions like me, loueque. :eyes:

Another thing that could be added for screenshots could possibly be image descriptions and captions on a specific image for example: Oh no, the evil noobs are coming!, #1 in this game., or even OOF!, but could be moderated if there is a bypass.

How will this work exactly? Good thing you asked, I divided up a plan on what it should look like on the website, and moderation:

MODERATION: Moderation should maybe scan the image if there are any swear words, inappropriate actions, or something else but I feel like this would be impossible to detect. Another way is the simple moderation with thumbnails and decal.

• It shouldn’t give you a Warning or a Ban if the picture is moderated badly, it should maybe message you that your game image was moderated and can’t be uploaded

• Another for moderation is if a user uploads a lot of declined images that aren’t good for the audience, then he/she can’t upload any other images of games for a day or two.

WEBSITE: Here is an example of what it could look like on the website. I am bad at drawing stuff :pensive:

Here are some images on what it could look like on the website as an alternative to the one above:

If Roblox is able to add this feature, it would improve my development experience because it will make it much easier for users to spread the word and for me to upload images to my game on the game page or to upload funny and gameplay images that could describe the game easily instead of having many thumbnails, a description which most users won’t understand or see it for themselves without playing the game first. :crazy_face:

Most users will turn onto google or youtube to find YouTubers play the game or see images of the game instead of staying onto the website looking and scrolling through the game page and seeing what beautiful images are on the website in showcases or maybe in combat games, who knows?

Possibly related in a way?

I think this is a nice opportunity for the website and the community to show new users in the future on what the game looks like and how does it work, what do you think? :thinking:

4 Likes