Ability to add/edit/remove cloud localization table entries through the Roblox website for the Source locale

New Format

Please complete one of the following sentences:
As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to . . .
As a Roblox developer, it is currently impossible to . . .

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to manage the cloud localization tables. You’d have to add a row to some external CSV file, open Studio, and then use the Localization Tools plugin to import the CSV file to some Roblox server. This is a lot of painful repetitive work to add a single key-example-source translation triplet into the localization table.

If Roblox is able to address your issue, how would it improve your game and/or your development experience? Please be as specific as possible.

I can imagine a workflow where you’d just have the Roblox website open in which you can easily add, edit or remove a single entry in the cloud localization table to be much less frustrating than the current approach. (Alternatively, a studio plugin that can manage the entire table? Studio plugin textboxes etc. currently are a lot more clunky than textboxes within browsers, though…)

6 Likes

Absolute support, this is a much-needed addition to the otherwise very helpful cloud localization system. Manually adding keys is vital to developers who don’t use Roblox’s “auto localize” and “text capture” tools, and the absence of this feature makes the system a lot harder to use than alternatives like Google Sheets.

4 Likes

This is actually even more important than I initially realized. For some reason updating the cloud localization tables using the Studio import plugin (if it detects the place as “published” at all…) takes multiple minutes at “Computing patch”, probably because I have quite some entries in the table, negatively affecting the workflow of adding an entry to the localization table even more.