Ability to see smoke/more effects on Low graphics

Hi, so I made a Fire Extinguisher that when Clicked with fires a remote event to the server that makes the Part/Smoke effect for the Extinguisher.

The problem I have found is that people with their Graphics Level set below 3 will not be able to see the smoke, therefore kind of ruining the experience of the Fire Extinguisher. My question is: Is there anyway I can make people with very low graphic settings see the Smoke?

1 Like

I’m not exactly sure on my answer, but you could use ParticleEmitters and see if it works.

2 Likes

Smoke is a kind of particleEmitters, and particleEmitters also get reduced when you lower the graphics level (which is logic because that way it’s easier for the device to handle). One way to get around this and used by many games is just to increase the rate of the ParticleEmitter. Only negative point is that player with high graphic will see a lot of the particles, but those with low graphics will be able to at least see them.

Alright, I’ll give it a try, thank you!

You could also try to see if you could lock the Graphics Level/

1 Like

(this would be a bad idea i think)

1 Like

could be… 30 chars lock ugh XD.

1 Like

That’s interesting, do you know how/if I can do that?

I dont know if you can, but you can read the value they have set and maybe adapt the rate of the ParticleEmitter throught a script
Go see the SavedQualityLevel of this page

1 Like

You can actually see the LocalPlayer’s graphic level with a script. Here.

With that information, you could modify it to have a higher rate of graphics if it’s below 3, if it’s above then make it normal.

Edit: I’m too late.