Accidentally Made One Way Glass

If you are worried about realistic, why not add a second frame, with a .5 transparency? :wink:

Nevertheless, cool discovery. It is a clever way of getting the effect

Adding a decal on one side would be a more simple option and maybe performant option.

3 Likes

I mean I’m sure it can be done with just 2-3 parts, it was just a neat little discovery

1 Like

I actually think that original thing is the most realistic because even with real one-way glass, you can still see just the tiniest bit through the darker side

I made one way glass a week ago! Nice.

great minds think alike

I don’t think glass material lets all types of instances show through. Beams and trails disappear when the camera viewport is behind glass, and the same thing is probably applying here but in relation to the part’s transparency.

I didn’t actually test it out, so I’m not sure if it works, just thought it was neat

Haha! I love it, great minds do think alike

Yes, exactly! That’s the main point I was trying to communicate

Wow, could you send me the file for that?

An even better one way glass that doesnt allow people to see through it with their camera is glass then forcefield with transparency -100, The forcefield doesnt show up in the glass or allow players to see past it but anyone on the glass side can see perfectly fine

Neat! I’ll have to definitely try this out

It’s super simple to make! All I did was put 4 Really Black parts together with decreasing transparency. 0.8, 0.6, 0.4, and 0.2 and change the material of all of them to glass!

one word HOW like HOW DID U DO THAT!

I just typed it out right above ^, but I’ll upload photos of a LOT simpler way!

Alright, for everyone wondering how to do it, I found a simple way to do it!

All you need are 2 parts, paint them Really Black and make one’s transparency 0.2 (or 0.1 for a bit darker), and the other part 0.8 and just put them together.

Here’s how it’ll look and proof that it works!

It’s a simple method and works great!
Yes, you can use a decal and change it’s transparency, but where’s the fun in that?!
You also get a little bit of a blurry effect from it on the transparent side!

1 Like

Yes but people may zoom their camera out through the transparent part, so you should add something to avoid that as well

Must be a trick with light reflections. I was thinking it would be easier to just put a black decal on one side so you can see one way but not the other. Try it out!

Everyone knows about that, it’s too simple though. And with this way, there’s no way to look through at all, it just blocks your camera

Yes! Exactly this, thank you for understanding