Accurate Play Solo takes ages to load

Description:

Accurate Play Solo takes at least 6 full minutes to get past the “loading screen” (because it is waiting for an object that takes ages to come into existence?). This issue started occurring today.

This is nearly development-halting right now because I can’t quickly test any changes in Accurate Play Solo. I have to wait 8 minutes to actually be able to play.

Repro:

• Open any place, a baseplate or an actual game.
  • Start Accurate Play Solo
  • This is observed (on a baseplate in this instance)

The client never advances further than this and the yielding warning appears in output after a while.
EDIT: while I was writing this post, I noticed it finally got past it, but it had been running for 6+ minutes.

After it finally goes through, it takes an additional 2+ minutes for my character to spawn in. (as reported in https://devforum.roblox.com/t/character-taking-forever-to-load-in-play-solo/114766/17, which is not resolved)

This means I am waiting for 8+ minutes before I can test my changes.

Additional details:

Studio version: 0. 360. 3. 253053

Disabling antivirus/firewall/etc has no effect.
Connecting via a different network has no effect.

I live in Western Europe, in case that is relevant for finding where the service is failing.

The issue does not occur with non-accurate Play Solo.

14 Likes

This has been happening to me also for a while, however whenever I notice it is taking longer to load in, i press Stop and Play again and usually it will work, if not, i just keep trying.

It’s interesting, when this happens and the client is yielding, I can switch to Server mode and it all appears to be loaded without issue.

1 Like

Not the case for me. Yields for 8+ minutes every time.

1 Like

When I use APS, sometimes the player’s character doesn’t load (like what you experience). I’ve found that a way to get past this - as a temporary workaround, not a fix - is to switch to the server model and the character loads relatively quickly after that. Obviously not what I want to keep doing but it works for now.

Yes, this is a separate issue:

I fixed this by deleting every registry entry that had any occurrence of “Roblox”, then deleting all contents of AppData related to Roblox, then reinstalling Studio.

The character loading issue linked above still remains, but that’s unrelated, so this one is solved at least.

I wouldn’t consider this a valid solution since this is still gonna end up being a problem again for you less than a few weeks in the future. Developers shouldn’t have to go clear everything Roblox related to prevent this long hang.

Marking it as solved also might be misleading to engineers, leading them to think its not longer a problem.

Hopefully, this will be fixed soon.

There is no way to tell for me whether this is an issue on my device / my networks or an actual issue because no one else has encountered this specific issue. If someone else encounters it, I can unmark the solution, but until then I’m going to assume it was my setup.

I can verify I also have this issue, I believe @Fm_Trick is also having this issue based on what he said in his reply.

Does it happen for you exactly 100% of the time and does the delay last for several minutes consistently? If it only happens sometimes, it’s likely a different issue related to service failure / slowness, or related to the character loading issue above (can also delay the loading screen, but not as severely).

Not 100% of the time but it does happen maybe 4/10 times, Like Fm_Trick suggested, I just press stop and play again and I’m good.

If the issue can be reproduce and Studio gets frozen several minutes each time, could you help collect a dump file per minute or half minute? Which may be helpful for us to analyze. Below is how to collect dump files via windows taskmgr

Btw, if the baseplate can reproduce, it would be better. Simpler game and smaller dump files.
Then please compress the dump files together and upload for sharing:-)
Thanks a lot!

I’ve got a message from one of our team members that you’ve managed to resolve this issue by erasing all Roblox registry settings. Can you please confirm it helped? If so, why did you decide to erase? Did you notice something strange there?

1 Like

I tried to deinstall Roblox and reinstall it the normal way, but this did not fix the issue. Then I tried to delete any temporary/log/plugin files that I could spot in the AppData folder (and subfolders in /versions) and then reinstalling Studio, but then the issue still persisted.

At this point I was getting a little frustrated and needed to get work done, so I just decided to delete all files in AppData related to Roblox, then I went through the registry and searched for the string “Roblox”, and deleted every entry that had that in the name/value. I reinstalled Roblox afterwards and the issue was solved.

Unfortunately I did not selectively delete registry entries to see what was exactly the cause of the issue, or whether deleting the entirety of the AppData folder did the trick, so I could not give you any specific information there. I did notice I had a lot of redundant registry entries that were seemingly for different (older) versions of Studio, since I’ve been using this laptop to develop on Roblox for about a year or two.

Thanks for sharing the details. At this point it’s difficult for us to come to any conclusion on what might’ve caused that. The the problem resurfaces, please let us know.

2 Likes

I’m still experiencing this warning (along with others) in my game.

17:34:38.929 - Infinite yield possible on 'RobloxReplicatedStorage:WaitForChild("CanChatWith")'
17:34:38.930 - Stack Begin
17:34:38.931 - Script 'CoreGui.RobloxGui.Modules.AvatarContextMenu.ContextMenuUtil', Line 142
17:34:38.932 - Stack End

17:34:38.932 - Infinite yield possible on 'RobloxReplicatedStorage:WaitForChild("GetServerVersion")'
17:34:38.932 - Stack Begin
17:34:38.932 - Script 'CoreGui.RobloxGui.Modules.Settings.SettingsHub', Line 72
17:34:38.933 - Stack End

17:34:38.933 - Infinite yield possible on 'RobloxReplicatedStorage:WaitForChild("NewPlayerGroupDetails")'
17:34:38.933 - Stack Begin
17:34:38.934 - Script 'CoreGui.RobloxGui.Modules.PlayerPermissionsModule', Line 15
17:34:38.934 - Stack End

17:34:38.934 - Infinite yield possible on 'RobloxReplicatedStorage:WaitForChild("UpdatePlayerBlockList")'
17:34:38.935 - Stack Begin
17:34:38.935 - Script 'CoreGui.RobloxGui.Modules.BlockingUtility', Line 23
17:34:38.935 - Stack End

3 posts were split to a new topic: Feedback - Replying to Bug Reports

I have this problem too. I cant check errors for saving data. scripts end in p-calls.

Thanks for the report. We’ll silence these WaitForChild warnings.
Studio team can chime in on the load times.

1 Like

@subcritical Just to be extra clear, this bug report was originally about Play Solo taking ages to load. Not about the warning not being silenced. (if they are correlated, feel free to ignore this, but then I have to wonder why it took literal months of nothing to get to this realization when I first filed it, especially since it is described in the first post already)

1 Like