[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

So easy you think. Wait … I have 10 uploads per month. It will take 6 months to fix the current sounds in my games and at least another 6 months to make another game.

1 Like

wth are you doing roblox you are going to make a variety of games having a hard time replacing the audio they currently have

2 Likes

epic idea bro!!! let me go and upload this rain sound effect I use in my game now!!!
result:

18 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. They always want to “modernize” and provide “better” resources for the developer community, but instead, they are narrowing down opportunites and resources for developers. Its hypocritical.

17 Likes

I really hope your joking. You don’t see how big of a change this is.

This update is going to cause ALL audios on the website over 6 seconds to go private. You cannot use these assets in your games. You have to upload all of the sounds in order to use them.

Games have LOTS of sounds. Roblox only gives you 10 or 100(rarely 2000) sounds a month. Let’s say your game has 350 sounds and you can upload 100 a month. It’s going to take you 3 months. If you have only 10, OVER 3 YEARS!!!

The way they are publishing this update is unacceptable.

11 Likes

A part of me thinks this could’ve been an interesting step forward - if it didn’t go in and mess up every audio ever uploaded and to be uploaded.

Honestly, I would stand behind this if it didn’t affect already existing audio.
What makes anyone think the holder of an audio uploaded in, say, 2015 is going to fly in and make their audio public? It’s a pretty ridiculous assumption to have.

8 Likes

If you want to know who to blame for destroying platform, it’s the corporate suits at Roblox and APM. It doesn’t matter how many replies this thread gets or how much backlash Roblox decisions get. Remember the suits are not on our side, they are on the side of money. They much rather please APM than please the people who built this company up in the first place (the developers)

8 Likes

I love the idea, but only 2 weeks?!??!

When Minecraft made a statement that migration will be mandatory, they gave so much time for users to adjust. (5+ months, probably more)

1 Like

So the mercy of some outdated games and developers is on APM’s hands. I’m beyond words and the point of no return. What kinda disgusting future we have.

5 Likes

I have uploaded all of my meshes for my new project (whole maps and various other objects with multiple unique meshes) under a separate group in order to keep them a secret.

Once these privacy/security changes are rolled out to models/meshes. Am I expected to re-create every single map and accessory etc by re-uploading the meshes to my main group?

If not, am I expected to change these thousands of meshes from private to public/usable by my main group. Because that’s just not feasible with the amount of assets we’ve uploaded.

If this is implemented AFTER we release our experience under our main group and it’s using assets made by me uploaded under a different group for security reasons, will it just suddenly remove all of the meshes from our main groups experience? Effectively destroying the experience.

6 Likes

This is kind of a bad decision based update. All my favourite music that are in my inventory, is all going to be GONE & because roblox now made uploading audios free & once people realise this, they’re immediately going to upload bypassed music & upload disgusting sounds (I can’t describe it because I don’t want to risk losing my trust level) left & right, roblox needs to reverse some of these changes.

2 Likes

The roblox stock is declining at a fast rate because of this update, it went down 1 or 2 dollars

9 Likes

This update is going to change ROBLOX entirely. They probably have to do this, and the copyrighted sounds removal wave before this is announced. Many models will lose their functionality. Some people are not aware of how huge change is coming up. Also uploading sound for robux could be not okay when ROBLOX wasn’t blocking every copyrighted audio. I’m not in favor of this update.

4 Likes

APM, a company that doesn’t know anything about this platform, has the power to shape the future of roblox forever. Apm doesn’t care abt us. All they want is money, which is why this is happening. Games will break, just for a few thousand dollars(nothing to apm btw)

3 Likes

I wonder if they prepared for this entire thing before pressing the enter button :thinking:

This is probably the worst part. New developers don’t have all that fancy stuff of soundtrack makers so they go to the Roblox Audio to find audios by other users. Now that we can’t, this is just down right terrible. At least make it so it’s private for 7 days then you have the ability to enable it to make it public. Now I’m even forced to close my game because of this.

4 Likes
DevForum.Users.["Mad_Scientist99"]:DirectAngerAndHate(APM, true)
15 Likes

you dont add a ‘.’ in [“something”]

11 Likes

Out of all of this, who is the faulty one?

The dumb users who uploaded apm music with no permission. Blame them.

1 Like

In my opinion, having a maximum upload of 10 sounds per month for non-verified users is absolutely unacceptable. Also the fact that some people get 2000 max uploads per month (based on devex status, premium, or other??) almost makes it seem like Roblox wants to make it harder to get into the developing scene. If a non-verified user wanted to upload let’s say 200 sounds for their game they would have to wait 20 months just to upload all the sounds. A better rate limit in my opinion would be per day. Using my example it would take only 20 days versus a whopping 20 months.

5 Likes